Children's Hospital Boston Research Assistant II in Boston, Massachusetts
53309BRTitle:Research Assistant IIDepartment:Research-Clinical Research Core ProgramsAutoReqId:53309BRStatus:Full-TimeStandard Hours per Week:40 Job Posting Description:
The TransLab at Boston Children’s Hospital is a unique core facility that supports translational research and clinical trials. In particular, the TransLab is heavily involved in the fields of hemato-oncology and gene therapy supporting a diverse portfolio of clinical studies. The core offers a comprehensive battery of cellular and molecular assays to help guide personalized therapy or support patient monitoring. Services include simple, routine processes as well as complex and custom, non-routine laboratory developed tests.
We are seeking a talented and motivated laboratory research assistant to support the TransLab scientists. The Research Assistant will be trained and work under the supervision of senior laboratory members and support patients specimen processing, testing and banking.
The position is ideal for a candidate that is looking to be immersed in the dynamic translational and clinical research world and be exposed to a variety of studies and laboratory techniques.
Key responsibilities These include but are not limited to:
• Process biological samples (blood, bone marrow, tissue biopsies etc.) for banking or downstream assays
Perform cell selection and cell culture • Extract nucleic acids and run molecular assays
• Assist lab members to perform cell sorting, flow cytometry assay and immunoassays
• Methodically document the work performed in batch records and databases
• Assist in ordering supplies
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed Qualifications, experience & competencies.
The candidate should have a strong interest in translational and clinical research and be highly motivated:
• A minimum B.A., B.S., or M.S. in in a field of biological or biomedical sciences
• Strong work ethics and desire to learn new laboratory techniques and skills
• Excellent organizational skills and careful attention to details is required
• Ability to adapt to a changing environment
• Team player with good communication skills and ability to interact with lab members and outside collaborators.
• Previous laboratory experience, especially with cell culture is a definite plus
• Good computer knowledge and strong competency with Microsoft Office is required
• Must be able to maintain a neat and orderly working environment.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.