Children's Hospital Boston Clinical research Assistant II in Boston, Massachusetts
53723BRTitle:Clinical research Assistant IIDepartment:Medicine-AdolescentAutoReqId:53723BRStatus:Full-TimeStandard Hours per Week:40 Job Posting Description:
The Clinical Research Assistant II will work on various research studies as part of the Boston Center for Endometriosis research team in the Division of Adolescent Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital and the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
This position involves spending time in our research laboratory, medical settings (operating room, outpatient clinics), and research offices. The ideal candidate is able to discuss sensitive topics about young women’s health, confidently navigate a demanding medical environment, provide quality patient interactions, pay attention to detail, and multitask effectively. The ability to work as part of a team is essential to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Study Management • Recruit eligible adult and adolescent patients from the Adolescent Medicine Clinic at Boston Children’s Hospital and the Center for Infertility and Reproductive Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
• Approach and enroll eligible patients for multiple studies, including completing screening procedures and performing and documenting informed consent
• Collaborate with other study staff to schedule and complete study visits according to strict study protocols, consisting of specimen collection, sensory testing, and questionnaires
• Manage confidential data and maintain multiple Access and REDCap databases, including data entry and data cleaning
• Maintain a longitudinal cohort through contact and follow-up with participants via phone calls and emails, study newsletters, website, and social media presence
• Prepare and update study documents for the Investigational Review Board, Data and Safety Monitoring Board, and Food and Drug Administration Maintenance of the Boston Center for Endometriosis Biorepository
• Handle, transport, and process biologic samples such as blood, urine, saliva, peritoneal fluid and tissue
• Maintain the electronic inventory of existing samples housed within the Biorepository
• Participate in the preparation of previously collected frozen samples for biochemical analyses at outside labs, including aliquoting, labeling, and shipping
• General maintenance of the Biorepository, including monitoring supplies and general lab organization
• May assist with the preparation of formal research reports and manuscripts for publication in professional journals
• May perform data collection from a variety of sources, including patient medical records, hospital clinical information systems, and surveys
• May assist and lead additional projects and tasks as assigned
• BA degree (preferably in life sciences) and 1 year of relevant work experience.
• interest in gynecology/women’s health
• Excellent organizational skills in order to formulate, implement, and monitor a number of interrelated tasks
• Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direct supervision
• The ability to pay strict attention to detail on a continuous basis to ensure that research results are valid and error-free
• Ability to lift 40lb freezer racks is essential
• Excellent interpersonal and writing skills are necessary in order to communicate and interact effectively with individuals from various fields of expertise and various levels of experiences, as well as with study subjects, administrative, and technical staff
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Access and/or SAS desirable
• Lab training is provided but familiarity with basic lab practices and comfort handling biospecimens is preferred.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.