Trinity Health SAHS Sr. Specialist, Integrity and Compliance/SAHS Privacy Official in Boise, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Responsible for the leadership, direction and oversight of the Saint Alphonsus Health System’s (SAHS) Integrity and Compliance Program within designated SAHS ministries as identified by the System Integrity and Compliance Officer for the implementation and ongoing operation of the Integrity and Compliance Program within the designated ministries. The Integrity and Compliance Program is designed to ensure SAHS has established systems, policies and procedures to effectively comply with applicable laws and regulations pertaining to its business activities, including those pertaining to federal and state health care programs and the privacy of patient health information. Responsible for the leadership, direction and oversight of the SAHS HIPAA Privacy Program, ensuring that SAHS is in compliance with all privacy and security components of the Integrity and Compliance Program. These responsibilities include promoting awareness of, and compliance with, privacy and security practices related to patient and business sensitive information and compliance with federal and state laws and SAHS information privacy practices. The SAHS Privacy Official will collaborate with the SAHS Security Official regarding privacy and security matters. Travel between sites is expected.
*Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:*
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree or other post-graduate degree in health services administration, health care law, or related field of study desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years of health care industry experience required including experience in a significant leadership role and participation in compliance program activities for an acute care hospital or health system. Demonstrated understanding of healthcare compliance program operations and federal regulatory compliance requirements required. HIPAA Privacy experience preferred.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance or Certified in Healthcare Compliance-Privacy from the Health Care Compliance Association or related professional certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation with ability to relate directly, openly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated competency in program planning, management and supervision.
- Ability to be persuasive yet diplomatic with an ability to work with disparate parties in reaching consensus.
- Colleagues and management must view the individual with the highest of respect for personal honesty and integrity.
- Personal presence characterized by ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of SAHS and Trinity Health.
- Must have active driving privileges. If, during the course of employment, driving privileges change or colleague receives a driving citation, the colleague is required to notify their supervisor and/or HR.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight of the Integrity and Compliance Program within the designated ministries.
- Implements and operates the Integrity and Compliance Program within the designated ministries and across SAHS as assigned by the System Integrity and Compliance Officer.
- Provides leadership, direction and oversight of the SAHS HIPAA Privacy Program.
- Implements and operates the SAHS HIPAA Privacy Program. These activities include: a) Implementation of the HIPAA Privacy policies and procedures; b) Management of business associate agreements; c) Oversight of HIPAA Patient Rights; management of HIPAA Privacy incidents; d) Communication and collaboration with the System Integrity and Compliance Officer and Trinity Health Privacy Officer on HIPAA Privacy matters as appropriate.
- Serves as a SAHS Integrity and Compliance Council member, co-chairs the SAHS HIPAA Privacy and Security Council, a sub council of the SAHS Integrity and Compliance Council, and actively supports the Integrity and Compliance Program.
- Serves as a member of the Trinity Health Integrity and Compliance Council and Privacy and Security Council providing input and feedback to Trinity Health management in the design and ongoing operation of the Integrity and Compliance Program.
- Oversees distribution of the Code of Conduct and appropriate orientation of colleagues, medical staff and other key business partners at time of initial hire, credentialing, contracting, etc. within the designated ministries.
- Coordinates with management in the establishment of policies and procedures addressing areas of significant legal, regulatory or other compliance risk impacting the operations of the designated ministries.
- Coordinates with management groups in the establishment of policies for ongoing training, education programs for colleagues, medical staff, board members and other key stakeholders of the designated ministries in support of the Integrity and Compliance Program.
- Establishes effective communication programs for colleagues, medical staff, board members and other key stakeholders of the designated ministries to promote awareness and understanding of the Code of Conduct, the Integrity and Compliance Program, and laws and regulations impacting the operations of the ministries.
- Oversees the establishment of routine, periodic internal auditing and monitoring activities to assess the ministries’ compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and the ministries,’ SAHS and/or Trinity Health policies in support of the Integrity and Compliance Program. Assists in ensuring the cooperation and support of the ministries’ management groups in the performance of internal audits conducted by Trinity Health related to the ministries.
- Establishes procedures for the effective follow-up and timely investigation of compliance issues related to the ministries reported to the Integrity and Compliance Program or to the Trinity Health Integrity Line (i.e., hotline), including reports of alleged violations of laws, regulations and/or ministries,’ SAHS and/or Trinity Health policies.
- Coordinates with Human Resources in the establishment of policies and procedures supporting the Integrity and Compliance Program in the areas such as colleague background checks, exclusions screening, and disciplinary actions for violations of the Code of Conduct, laws and regulations and/or ministries,’ SAHS and/or Trinity Health policies.
- Provides oversight to the ministries’ management groups in the completion of corrective actions in response to compliance matters identified through audits, investigations and internal monitoring programs conducted by the Integrity and Compliance Program and related to the ministries.
- Where appropriate, assists SAHS and Trinity Health General Counsel’s Office and/or Trinity Health in response to regulatory investigations or other legal matters identified through the Integrity and Compliance Program.
- Ensures the ministries’ Presidents and senior management groups are appropriately involved and communicated with concerning significant activities of the Integrity and Compliance Program, and SAHS HIPAA Privacy Program, including the status of investigations, audits or other issues requiring management’s corrective actions. Provides periodic reports to the System Integrity and Compliance Officer, SAHS Integrity and Compliance Council or sub-councils, and/or the SAHS Board of Trustees/Directors (or delegated committee of the board) concerning the operations of the Integrity and Compliance Program related to the ministries, the status of any significant legal, regulatory or other compliance matters being addressed by the ministries, including external regulatory audits or investigations, and on the operations of the SAHS HIPAA Privacy Program.
- Communicates timely with the System Integrity and Compliance Officer and/or Trinity Health System Integrity Officer, Privacy Officer, and/or General Counsel’s Office concerning significant legal and regulatory matters, including investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General or Office for Civil Rights, fraud or investigative units of federal health care program contractors, state attorney general, IRS, etc. related to the ministries or the SAHS HIPAA Privacy Program.
- Full Time
Visit Saint Alphonsus onFacebook!
Visit Saint Alphonsus onLinkedin!
See additional information by visitingSaint Alphonsus YouTube page!
Other career opportunities atwww.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Job Number: 00113454
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift