Trinity Health Pharmacy Charge Capture Auditor in Boise, Idaho
Responsible for maintaining Pharmacy revenue integrity operations for SAHS Pharmacy departments. Verifying clinical documentation and charges for accuracy, reconciliation, error management, and audits. Responsible for maintaining charge capture processes and coordinating activities. Interacts with SAHS pharmacy modalities and vendors. Provides system education and training of pharmacy professionals around their responsibility for charge capture understanding and compliance.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be registered with the Idaho State Board of Pharmacy as a Technician.
- Completion of an approved Pharmacy Technician Training Course required; college level certificate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- All technicians newly employed by Saint Alphonsus as of July 2009 are required by the State Board to be Nationally Certified or registered as a Technician in Training.
- 2-3 years of experience in hospital pharmacy preferred.
- Preferred experience/knowledge in Pharmacy CPT/HCPCS coding.
- Strong communication skills, project planning, financial data interpretation, statistical analysis experience preferred.
- Excellent computer, spreadsheet, research abilities, and documentation skills.
- Experience in education, teaching, and possess project presentation skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of interfaces designs. Knowledge ofworkflow processes as it relates to pharmacies.
- Knowledge of automated dispensing cabinet functionalities and basic pharmacy workflow.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex assignments concurrently, ability to work under pressure, and meet project schedules.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Interfaces with pharmacy, nursing, various physician groups and directors/managers, to jointly provide services consistent with hospital mission statement and strategic plan on a daily basis.
- Maintains a positive relationships with all parties
- Maintains working knowledge of coding and billing regulations for all payers as it relates to Pharmacy.
- Keeps current on regulatory updates to ensure charge capture accuracy.
- Monitors current CMS changes and yearly CPT code updates.
- Demonstrates comprehension of revenue cycle operations.
- Performs monthly documentation to charge audit(s). Audit results used for documentation improvement opportunities. Outcomes and findings reported to Revenue Liaison.
- Identifies and develops continuing education and orientation programs to meet the needs of compliance with regulatory agencies specific within pharmacy department.
- Assists in the development of new processes when necessary to improve accuracy charge capture and revenue efficiencies.
- Participates in and coordinates with modality of the Pharmacy services lines and site managers in the departmental orientation program.
- Performs interdepartmental billing and the maintenance of charge capture processes.
- Performs daily reconciliation and error management operations, reviews various system reports to aid in overall charge accuracy.
- Provides necessary backfill and or coverage for pharmacy revenue responsibilities, PTO coverage.
- Serves as a pharmacy revenue contact for Health Information Management and Patient Accounting for charge discrepancies.
- Escalates reoccurring issues or trending to Revenue Liaison as needed.
- Maintains working knowledge of departmental operations and any changes that could impact revenue operations are reported Revenue Liaison.
- Adjusts competencies as necessary to meet requirements of position.
Job Number: 00122625
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS - Saint Alphonsus Health System
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift