Trinity Health OB Technician/ CST in Boise, Idaho
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides setup and preparation of surgical procedures for physicians and surgical staff. Provides support and communicates directly with surgical teams and supervisory staff.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of LPN or Surgical Technologist Program required.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST) required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- One year of scrub experience in acute care hospital setting preferred.
- LPN requires one year of scrub experience in acute care hospital in at least three primary specialties.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cautery safety (grounding pad and cautery use during procedure).
- Recognizes breaks in aseptic technique and takes immediate corrective action.
- Demonstrates equipment checks to ensure proper functioning.
- Updates and reviews surgeon preference cards.
- Able to gown and glove other members of the perioperative 'sterile' team.
- Anticipates and prioritizes surgeon needs. Communicates with RN Circulator to obtain needed resources. LPNs may function under the Nurse Practice Action with RN supervision.
- Able to gown and glove self through use of closed and open method.
- Responsible for technical equipment and supplies i.e., D&C; Machine, C-Section Delivery Instruments, Fluid and Blanket Warmer, OR stocking, Filshie Clips and Tubal Instruments, Newborn Warmer, Patient OR Bed, Stock and Inventory Delivery Back-Up Cart, and Vaginal Delivery Cart.
- Able to independently function in FMC OR's for Maternal Surgical Cases.
- Able to independently function in at least one other specialty area. List: Antepartum, Intrapartum, and PostPartum
- Able to assist with Circumcisions and Operative Vaginal Deliveries.
- Able to trouble shoot equipment within own specialty to bring to resolution.
- Able to manage independently instrument, sponge and sharp counts for all procedures in specialty areas and all procedures assigned outside of specialty.
- Able to assist and/or follow direction of the RN Circulator to set up a room and obtain equipment, etc.
Job Number: 00088982
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Full time