Barnes & Noble Merchandise Manager in Boise, Idaho
ID - Boise - Boise II - 2740
As a Merchandise Manager, you are responsible for planning and executing our merchandise presentation. You deliver sales goals year-over-year by supporting selection and localization of inventory. You support the store manager and ensure the store team provides exceptional customer service through our four core service principles and superior customer engagement. When acting as the manager-on-duty, you maximize sales and profitability by observing and coaching your booksellers. You help to train and develop the best talent in your store. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Drive and grow sales and other business metrics year-over-year by optimizing merchandise presentation and customizing merchandize selection
• Plan and execute all merchandising initiatives, promotional displays and daily maintenance of departments by managing overviews, e-Planner directives and replenishment strategy.
• Act as Manager on Duty (at least twice a week), servicing customers and coaching booksellers
• Deliver every sales opportunity by ensuring the store team consistently executes selling conversations, merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty programs and other company initiatives
• Observe, mentor and motivate booksellers, ensuring they drive sales, engage our customers and enthusiastically model our selling behaviors and culture
• Monitor operational and productivity standards to ensure store standards are maintained
• Provide consistent communication and model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and our core values
• Support the execution of business development programs and in-store events
• Support the control of shrink and payroll; Assist in developing high-caliber talent through training and coaching • Assist store manager in evaluating and managing employee performance
• Partner with the store manager to effectively resolve customer issues keeping in line with our core values
• Assist with assessing facility conditions and take immediate action to correct and ensure the best customer experience in partnership with the management team.
• Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• At least one year of management or supervisory experience.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Barnes & Noble
- Barnes & Noble Jobs