Trinity Health Medical Assistant Pulmonary & Sleep Clinic Full Time in Boise, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. As a Medical Assistant, you will work in a team environment to promote a positive experience in patient care with compassion and kindness. You will support licensed staff and provider(s) in providing an excellent patient experience by efficiently meeting the patient's needs. You will support efficient clinic flow and communicate accurately and positively with team members. Medical Assistants work under the supervision of the physician and/or provider. Clinical oversight is provided by the RN Supervisor, Lead Nurse and/or Clinical Director of Nursing.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program or have obtained certification from the Trinity approved list below plus one year of experience prior to hire.
- MA certification from one of the following required within 90 days of hire date:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Technologists (RMA)
- National Healthcare Association (CCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use applicable software as required performing the essential functions of the job.
- Meet health system's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Provides medical assisting care to an assigned patient population under the direction of a provider, RN, or LPN.
- Obtains vital signs, patient histories, verifies patient medications, etc. per provider instructions. Assists provider with diagnostic/therapeutic procedures in a safe, clean, competent manner/environment.
- Maintains a clean, safe, well-stocked nursing area, including patient examination rooms.
- Maintains a complete, accurate, and legible patient medical record.
- Performs clerical functions including prior authorizations, referrals, laboratory/diagnostic, and referral tracking, processing insurance forms, etc.
- Performs clinical procedures in accordance with training after competence has been documented and per provider’s orders within Medical Assistant scope of practice.
- Maintains a working knowledge of clinic office protocol/procedure.
- Provides clinical telephone communication as defined by policy and per provider instructions.
- Attends continuing education to maintain medical assistant clinical ladder.
- Administers medication in accordance to policy.
- Explain procedures to patients and family members per provider’s instructions.
- Aids in identifying methods of improving patient care.
- Assists in emergency situations under the direction of the provider, RN, or LPN.
- Observes aseptic techniques, Universal Precautions, and other regulatory mandate (e.g., OSHA, CLIA, CMS, Joint Commission).
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and business functions of the organization, i.e. HIPAA.
Learn more about the Pulmonary and Sleep clinichere!
Visit Saint Alphonsus onFacebook!
Visit Saint Alphonsus onLinkedin!
See additional information by visitingSaint Alphonsus YouTube page!
Other career opportunities atwww.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Job Number: 00121284
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Boise Campus
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift