Trinity Health MA Wound & Hyperbaric Full-Time Days in Boise, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Wound and Hyperbaric Medicine clinic is hiring for a personable and motivated Medical Assistant for our growing clinicslocated in the Boise hospitaland on the Nampa hospital campus!
More About this Position: As an MA in the Wound clinic, you would work in a care team environment with multiple providers, MAs, RNs, and front office staff. Wound care is for those who do not have a weak stomach, who have a strong desire to learn, working hands on with wound care and minor procedures, and working closely with the providers during appointments. This position will not perform vaccinations, injections, or much phlebotomy at this time.
An ideal candidate would be someone who has the desire and motivation to learn, who wants to work in a strong team environment, and is highly reliable.
Work Schedule: This position will work 5 days a week, 8 hour days, 7:45am – 4:30pm. The schedule is made a month at a time, but can be subject to change, so flexibility between the Boise and Nampa clinics is needed.
About Wound and Hyperbaric Medicine:
For individuals dealing with poor blood circulation from diabetes, severe burns or peripheral vascular disease, a simple cut or scrape can result in serious infection requiring advance wound care therapies.
Having a chronic wound can be painful, expensive and upsetting. Since most non-healing, chronic wounds involve complications, we take a comprehensive and personalized approach in planning each patient's treatment. We work with you to determine, manage and treat any underlying medical conditions, which will help you to heal faster and more completely. At Saint Alphonsus, we treat the whole person with an individualized plan that radically speeds the healing of wounds.
The Saint Alphonsus Advanced Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine program also specializes in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) for patients who have non-healing or complex wounds and other diseases that benefit from pressurized oxygen delivery. The Wound Healing & Hyperbaric program includes the use of sophisticated Sechrist Monoplace Hyperbaric Chambers.
Learn more about Wound and Hyperbaric Medicine: https://www.saintalphonsus.org/specialty/wound-care-and-hyperbaric-medicine/
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program, or enrolled in an Associate Degree Medical Assistant Program and are eligible to take an approved credentialing exam (listed below), or have obtained credentialing from the Trinity approved list below plus one year of experience prior to hire.
- MA certification from one of the following required within 90 days of hire date:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Technologists (RMA)
- National Healthcare Association (CCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers certification from either AHA, ARC or the Military Training Network is required at hire
- Previous clinical experience preferred.
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!
Job Number: 00166389
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift