Trinity Health Housekeeper EVS Part Time Days in Boise, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. The Housekeeper provides a clean and safe environment for staff, visitors, and patients within the hospital.
*SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to patient, visitor, and other staff.
- Convey an attitude of acceptance, sensitivity, and caring to patient, visitor, and staff.
- Maintain professional relationships and convey relevant information to other members of the health care team within facility.
- Initiate communication with peers about priorities for tasks to be done.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate by telephone in English.
- Basic computer skills required: e-mail (communicate – send and receive), mandatory education (e-learning), review schedules, policies and procedures, employee engagement surveys, etc.
- Must be able to maintain knowledge of chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting (on-the-job training provided).
- Demonstrate compliance with hospital and department safety policies and procedures.
- With use of personal protective equipment, must be able to work around blood borne pathogens; blood and body fluids.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Ability to be self-motivated preferred.
- Meets Health System's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Disinfects patient treatment, invasive care areas, staff and visitor areas to maximize infection prevention, enhance patient safety, ensure EOC compliance and enhance the visual appeal of assigned areas in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs collection, storage, and disposal of general medical, biohazard, pharmaceutical, chemotherapy, sharps and soiled linen products from patient treatment areas in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Cleans remodeled or newly constructed areas and ensure they are ready for occupancy.
- Performs project work to include cubicle curtain changes, construction cleanup, floor refinishing, carpet cleaning, wall washing, refrigerator cleaning, and other projects as assigned.
- Prepares patient rooms, exam rooms and patient support areas for new patients including disinfection, bed making, floor care, and supplies replenishment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Job Number: 00124192
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift