Trinity Health Histotechnician in Boise, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Under minimal supervision, the Histotechnician prepares the tissue specimens and subsequent tests for examination by the pathologist. Identifies direct causes (technical or instrumental) of problems and makes simple corrections using preset strategies.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Certification as a Histology Technician (HT) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) required.
- 1 year of experience in an acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Technical skills in operation of microtome, tissue processor and other equipment necessary to perform essential functions.
- Professional discretion with patient information.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and hospital personnel.
- Proficient in the use of computers related to the performance of essential functions.
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and technical terminology related to the practice of histology.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Maintains neat, legible records for preventive maintenance, calibration and quality control.
- Cuts, embeds, stains and mounts specimens of human tissue.
- Prepares and maintains paraffin, reagents, and other solutions and stains according to standard formulas.
- Accurately performs processing of specimens, which includes accessioning, cassette labeling, embedding, cutting, cover slipping, and staining.
- Identifies direct causes (technical or instrumental) of problems and makes simple corrections using preset strategies.
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Day Shift (4am - 12:30pm)
Visit Saint Alphonsus onFacebook!
Visit Saint Alphonsus onLinkedin!
See additional information by visitingSaint Alphonsus YouTube page!
Other career opportunities atwww.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Job Number: 00098272
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift