Trinity Health Certified Respiratory Therapist Part Time Days in Boise, Idaho
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
Provides general and emergency respiratory therapy procedures to patients as directed by physicians and protocols. Procedures include, but are not limited to, respiratory assessment, airway and ventilator management, pulmonary diagnostics, delivery of medicated aerosols, bronchial hygiene therapy, lung expansion therapy, intubation, CPR, bronchoscopy assistance, arterial line placement, arterial sampling and ABG analysis and interpretation. Demonstrates the ability to recognize change in the patient’s condition, make independent judgements, and modifies the care as necessary according to departmental standards and approved physician protocols. Routinely make rounds with physicians in critical care units. Acts as preceptor, actively supports and constructively contributes to the development of new and existing staff members.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Program and Certified as a Respiratory Therapist (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) with license to practice respiratory care from the Idaho Board of Medicine required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support for HealthCare Provider (ACLS) certification required.
- American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support for HealthCare Provider (PALS) certification required and NRP certification required within 4 months of hire.
- Must possess good organization skill and English language communication skill.
- Ability to function independently and proficiently in all patient care areas.
- Intermediate computer skills with an emphasis on MS Office Applications.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organizational Mission, Core Values, and Vision in behaviors, practices, policies and decisions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize changes in patients and modifies care as necessary according to departmental standards and approved physician protocols.
- Performs airway and ventilator management, which includes assessment, application, intubation, monitoring, and evaluation of modality for infants, pediatrics, adolescences and adults.
- Performs ABG sticks, conducts ABG analysis and interprets results. PFTs if applicable.
- Completes all mandatory-training/testing requirements on time.
- Acts as preceptor to support and develop new and existing RT employees.
- Assists the department manager with Performance Improvement projects and other duties as needed.
Job Number: 00111156
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Part time