Trinity Health Area Practice Manager Pulmonary, Sleep Services, Complex Critical Care Full-Time in Boise, Idaho
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) is looking for a collaborative, operational-focused, and experienced Area Practice Manager for our outpatient Complex Critical Care, Sleep Medicine and Sleep Lab, and Pulmonary services across the health system!
About the Position:
As the Area Practice Manager, you would oversee the operations of all service line regional practices listed above including providers and staff in Boise, Nampa, Caldwell and Ontario. You would have a dyad relationship with the Medical Directors for each site or subspecialty and would be responsible in carrying out policies, protocols, etc., under their lead. You would also be responsible for the workflow functions, outcomes, customer satisfaction and quality measures of the practices with the result of meeting or exceeding the established financial and other objectives set in cooperation with medical group leadership.
We are looking for a candidate that has thorough knowledge of practice and hospital operations and customer requirements, has strong collaboration skills, solid analytical skills, and a great deal of self-initiative.
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please continue reading to find out more!
About Pulmonary Medicine Services:
Saint Alphonsus Pulmonary Services is proud to treat pulmonary patients in Boise and the surrounding communities offering high-quality compassionate personalized pulmonary care. Our board-certified pulmonary physicians serve critically ill patients, from children to adults within the hospital and in their outpatient clinic. The outpatient clinic specializes in treating individuals with acute, chronic and recurring conditions of the respiratory system. These include but aren't limited to: Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Emphysema, Lung nodules, Pulmonary fibrosis, Bronchiectasis, Interstitial lung disease, Pulmonary Hypertension, Chronic Respiratory Failure, and Toxic Exposures. Additionally, the outpatient clinic provides pulmonary function testing along with other diagnostic services.
About Sleep Medicine Services:
With locations in Meridian, Nampa and Boise, Idaho, the specialists at the Saint Alphonsus Sleep Disorders Center can provide you with the care you need for a sleep disorder, close to home. Each of our locations offers a full-service sleep program that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of adult and pediatric sleep disorders including sleep apnea. All of our centers feature state-of-the-art sleep testing technology as well as comfortable rooms for children and adults with the same amenities that you would find at home.
Our Sleep Disorders Centers are staffed by Saint Alphonsus physicians, who are either board-certified or trained in sleep medicine. The program includes a full evaluation, including sleep studies and other tests that can diagnose sleep disorders ranging from mild to the most severe. Common disorders treated at the sleep center are sleep apnea, narcolepsy and chronic insomnia.
Learn more about Pulmonary Medicine: https://www.saintalphonsus.org/specialty/pulmonary-care/
Learn more about Sleep Medicine: https://www.saintalphonsus.org/specialty/sleep-medicine/
- Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years management experience in a practice leadership position required.
- Must have working knowledge of hospital operations and experience working closely with physicians in a dyad fashion
- Leadership/Management: Leads via vision and values, sets challenging and productive goals and motivates providers and staff to achieve them. Serves as the liaison between the providers and SAMG and hospital administrations (Boise, Nampa, and Ontario, and other network departments. Serves as an effective change agent and champion for organizational goals. Stays abreast of current trends, products, services, and regulations in the industry; including participation in appropriate professional associations. Collaborates with Medical Director(s) to assure ongoing excellence, continuous quality improvement and promotion of up-to-date technological advances in the field Operations: Responsible for the operations of the practices and hospital departments as required, including organizing and planning work, delegating assignments appropriately while maintaining accountability, and managing for results. Ensures patient and provider flow, Employee Onboarding, quality outcomes, and collaborative relationships with all departments and specialties. Possesses sound understanding of hospital and provider payment models and performance measures. Helps facilitate process improvements via organizational excellence/Lean initiatives. Reviews system development and facilitates training needs for the staff.
- Personnel Management: Responsible for recruiting, hiring, orienting, supervising, coaching, disciplining, engaging, developing, and evaluating performance for non-provider staff and in cooperation with regional Directors. Utilizes effective leadership and management skills to inform and engage providers and maximize their potential, communicating expectations, monitoring results and coaching for improvement. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and recommends staffing changes to meet customer needs. Ensures systems to monitor and improve staff competence. Supports in the on-boarding and recruitment of provider staff.
- Customer Service: Responsible for patient, provider and employee satisfaction/engagement. Establishes systems and practices to build customer confidence and ensure a focus on patient centered care. Listens to and responds promptly to complaints, monitors customer service feedback, and implements strategies to improve outcomes. Develops a positive relationship with the practice medical staff leader and all physicians and providers at all clinics.
- Financial Management: Establishes and monitors budgets and takes action to ensure that financial and operational goals are achieved. Ensures timely (weekly/monthly) reporting of budget-related data. Monitors all components of the billing function and revenue cycle. Plans and uses resources efficiently; recommends ideas to improve efficiencies or reduce expenses. Recommends capital equipment needs. Prepares complete, accurate and timely reports and presentations. Develops and implements work plans to achieve objectives.
- Business Development: Works directly with the Service Leader to develop operations that will support growth initiatives and meet the needs of customers. Recommends new ideas or services to help grow business and meet patient needs. Recommends changes to building/space, locations, workflow, staffing, scheduling, etc to improve services or increase volume. Helps maximize patient visits and access to care within the clinics, hospital and/or within the network. Implements and monitors business development plans. Assists new providers in orientation and on boarding. Works with marketing staff to develop marketing plan for new providers and/or locations.
- Quality and Compliance: Ensures appropriate monitoring and reporting of quality measures. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, the Organizational Integrity Program, OSHA, CLIA, State radiological safety standards, as well as any other local, state, or federal requirements applicable to the practice. Ensures all applicable accreditation readiness. Ensures compliance with insurance policies and procedures.
- Communication/Teamwork: Ensures appropriate and timely communications with staff, other hospital/network departments/clinics, and administration. Ensures key stakeholders are kept apprised of changes. Meets with medical director on a regular basis to identify issues and problem solve. Promotes teamwork as a means of improving communication, issue identification and problem solving. Participates in organizational committees.
- Quality Control: Ensures patient experience is the same regardless which clinic patient is seen.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00156071
Location: Boise, ID
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS 1055 N Curtis Road
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift