LEGO Systems, Inc. Director - Zero Impact Operations in Billund, Denmark
Director - Zero Impact Operations
Location Denmark, Billund
Posted Date 03/11/2019
Job ID DK7644
Are you passionate about playing a vital role in setting and maintaining strategic direction for an important part of our Planet Promise agenda?
Bring your cross functional leadership experience in play in our Environmental Responsibility team and help craft the way we commit to our ambitious plan ‘Zero Impact Operations’ by 2032?
• Set and maintain the strategic direction for 2032 ‘Zero Impact Operations’.
• Build stretching short, medium- and long-term goals and targets and ensure delivery through partner engagement, planning, and strong data analysis.
• Lead a team of passionate, technical minded and data focused engineering and sustainability professionals.
• Engage and motivate multi-level stakeholders in a diverse range of departments like facilities, engineering, operations, finance and procurement.
• Stay ahead of industry best practice and use creativity to find new ways to minimize energy, water and waste in our operations and those of our suppliers.
• Balance the need for uncompromising performance in reducing environmental impact with a pragmatic and collegiate approach.
• Liaise between LEGO Brand entities to share best practice and align strategic approach and performance.
Play your part in our team succeeding
Environmental Responsibility (ER) is a globally based team of functional experts and thought leaders that create real impact both inside and outside the LEGO Group.
ER is responsible for ensuring the LEGO Group fulfills its ‘Planet Promise’ – creating positive impact by achieving the highest possible environmental performance through a commercial logic.
The LEGO Group has committed to run a ‘Zero Impact Operation’ by 2032. This requires focus on our own operations, but critically those of our suppliers and wider supply chain. ER sets the broad strategy, targets and measurement of a Zero Impact operation including the short, medium- and long-term roadmaps.
The Director of Zero Impact Operations leads deep functional sustainability experts and is the key link between the facilities, operations, engineering and procurement.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, energy/environmental management, or sustainability subject.
• And/or Master’s degree in sustainability related subject.
• Experience of program management with multiple, complex and opposing stakeholders.
Minimum 5-8 years of experience with:
• Leadership; being able to lead and motivate deep sustainability functional experts to combine business logic with sustainability needs.
• Building and maintaining a coherent strategy on reducing operational impact in manufacturing or similar industries.
• Experience engaging with suppliers and supply chain and a thorough understanding of the tradeoffs in cost/performance.
• Handling complex groups of internal and external stakeholders, often with opposing views.
• Sustainability/energy, water, waste manager in a global FMCG or similar.
Other competences and experiences:
• Mechanical engineering knowledge or similar.
• Understanding of combined heat and power systems, renewable energy technologies, waste management etc.
• Advanced English – Level 13-16 (C1, C2).
Join the global LEGO family
The LEGO® Group recruits and develops people entirely on merit. If you are confident you have what it takes to succeed in this role – and you share our dedication to creativity, teamwork, and quality – use the APPLY NOW button above or below. Please remember to attach your application and current CV.
Bringing it to life
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting sustainability journey within the LEGO Group, setting the bar for the industry and moving an iconic product and its suppliers towards zero impact operations by 2032.
LEGO Systems, Inc.
- LEGO Systems, Inc. Jobs