Artis Senior Living Director of Health and Wellness/LPN in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
This position is responsible for the on-going operations of the nursing department. He/she assists and supports the translation of the nursing philosophy of the community into nursing practice by participating in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the nursing care delivery system.
Essential Position Functions:
- Ensures resident needs by coordinating and monitoring measures, restorative services, services and related support services allowing for respect and dignity of the person.
- Develop and maintain a service plan for each resident, being attentive to each resident as an individual and in accordance with the state assisted living regulations.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the customer’s service plan through written progress note and through verbal communication with the resident.
- Meets regularly with the supportive services, social services, and/or resident to evaluate the service needs.
- Responsible for departmental employee recruitment and retention.
- Ultimate responsibility to assure departmental personnel follow established community policies and procedures at all times; evaluates departmental personnel’s skill competencies and overall performance evaluations annually.
- Implements training programs and in-services for all employees in accordance with the state assisted living regulations. In addition, record of attendance will be maintained.
- Operates/maintains department within budgetary guidelines.
- Workers collaboratively with all other departments to assure delivery of customer related services.
- Provides on-going wellness programs to the residents.
- Assists in the marketing of the assisted living community by touring, participating in public relations events and/or interacting with potential resident referral sources.
- Responsible for implementing services during resident move-in, helping residents with their orientation to the assisted living community/staff and with their overall adjustment to the assisted living community.
- Responsible for creatively seeking ways to minimize resident turnover allowing for residents to age in place.
- Assumes management responsibilities in Executive Director’s absence.
- Informs physician and other personnel of changes in a resident’s condition and needs.
- Counsels the residents and their family members in meeting residency standards and healthcare/psychosocial needs.
- Adheres to all OSHA regulations and safety procedures when lifting, bending and using equipment.
- Concerns his/herself with the safety of all community residents in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also ensures that the location adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the site’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Puts customer service first; ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
Performs all other duties as requested. Education/Experience::
A graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a current LPN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience working with elders or disabled individuals as well as demonstrated supervisory and management skills.
- Post-Acute experience preferred.
An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.