Trinity Health Registered Nurse - Vascular Surgery in Berwyn, Illinois
Utilizes current vascular nursing practices to provide patient care while focusing on the specific, specialized needs of the patient and exemplifying the service excellence goals of care, concern, respect and cooperation. Performs peripherally inserted central venous catheter (PICC line) procedures. As a contributing member of a health care team, develops and provides a comprehensive plan of care for assigned patients.
- Patient care & assessment: Recognize symptoms and establish priorities consistent with patient's condition. Document ongoing assessments of patient's physical and emotional status in order to address patient needs appropriately. Demonstrate mastery of required vascular competencies.
- Plan of Care: Obtain information from patient and/or family to develop an appropriate patient educational plan. Formulates, implements and continually revises patient plan of care based on ongoing assessment of the patient, information acquired from patient’s database, and resources within the medical center, collaborates with other members of the health care team to promote effective patient care.
- Communication: Performs required documentation and communicates in a
competent and effective manner to meet patient and/or family needs and
regulatory requirements. Maintains strict confidentiality of patient, employee and department information to ensure patient rights.
- Discharge planning: Reviews and evaluates discharge plans with the
multidisciplinary teams, the patient, and family to promote timely and appropriate discharge.
- Quality Improvement: Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality
and cost outcomes.
- Professional Development Activities: Demonstrates accountability for professional growth and job performance by seeking opportunities to enhance job skills and knowledge.
Job Number: 00085765
Location: Berwyn, IL
Organization Name: Loyola University Medical Center
Facility: LUHS-MacNeal Hospital
Employment Type: Full time