Trinity Health Medical Assistant , Registry PRN - MacNeal Hospital in Berwyn, Illinois
MacNeal Hospital is proud to be a part of Loyola Medicine. For nearly a century, MacNeal Hospital located in Berwyn, IL has been providing quality healthcare in the near western suburbs and the city of Chicago. MacNeal Hospital consistently expands its scope of care to keep every generation of your family growing strong. The Pain Clinic currently seeks a Certified Medical Assistant to you their team. The Medical Assistant will utlize a defined skill set consistent with the basic educational program, certification, and relevant work experience to deliver direct care to the patient in the ambulatory setting. Working under the direct supervision/licensure of the physician, the Medical Assistant is an integral member of the health care team and is responsible for coordinating the pre/intra/post aspects of the medical visit. Those include direct care, registration & scheduling, physician-patient communication and other office-related tasks. In addition, will administer medication and works directly with other health care professionals at the site as well as ancillary department and services to coordinate care. The core Magis values of care, concern, cooperation and respect are evidenced in daily work. Note: MUST be Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) American Medical Technologists (AMT); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); National Healthcareer Association (NHA) ONLY.
- Provides care to the patient and support to the physician throughout the entire visit, beginning at the time of arrival at thereception desk, during the visit, and completion of the check outprocess. This includes but is not limited to history taking, assisting withroutine tasks and procedures, telephone messaging, scheduling and visitfollow up orders.
Works under the supervision of a registeredprofessional nurse when additional skill, assessment and expertise areneeded, or in the absence of the physician.
Uses planning and collaboration skills to maintain optimum workflow in the clinical area, including flexing assignments,cross coverage and continuous communication with peers to identifyobstacles.
- Uses problem- solving skills and proactive measures toeliminate roadblocks that impact the delivery of care.
- Uses creativethinking to identify ways that enhance the patient/physician clinic experience. Oversees supply inventory and is a resource for the routine use and maintenance of medical equipment. Actively participates inquality projects and activities that enhance care through evidence-basedpractices.
Demonstrates a culture of safety in the care environment andadheres to the standards of care required by regulatory agencies.
Utilizes technical skills and knowledge of the computerized scheduling systems to generate patient demographic infoas well as facilitate appointment scheduling and access to care.
Demonstrates capacity for attention to detail as it relates to insurance,billing and referral processes.
Demonstrates initial and ongoing competency with the enterprise's computerized scheduling systems for clinic appointmentsand ancillary testing. In addition, coordinates external referrals into andout of the system when requested or ordered by the physician.
Routinelyreviews physician schedules to identify opportunities to improve patientaccess and/or reduce wait times, maximize staff/physician productivityand maintain clinic flow.
Serves as the primary source of contact for clinical operations within the department. Deals promptly, directlyand completely with messages from patients and physicians.
- Exhibitscourteous and professional interactions with internal and externalcustomers.
- Escalates any unresolved issues to the medical assistant lead,registered professional nurse or manager.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of electronic communication modalities.
- High School Diploma plus training acquired through work experience or education
- Specify Degree(s):Successful completion of accredited medical assistant program
- Administrative or technical background acquired through completion of 2 - 3 years of college
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Details:Ambulatory experience in primary or specialty setting is preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) American Medical Technologists (AMT); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
Job Number: 00120729
Location: Berwyn, IL
Organization Name: Loyola University Medical Center
Facility: LUHS-MacNeal Hospital
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift