Trinity Health Interventional Radiology Tech- Special Procedures ( Full Time) in Berwyn, Illinois
Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion—to ""also treat the human spirit."" The Radiology Department at MacNeal Hospital seeks an Interventional Radiology Tech to provide special procedure exams utilizing ionizing radiation.
Under the direction of a radiologist, the Interventional Radiology Tech performs special procedure at a technical level providing the most optimal images for physician interpretation. Performs Interventional Procedure exams utilizing ionizing radiation. Provides technical support to the patient, physicians and nursing staff in the Radiology Department.
Prepares imaging suite equipment, procedural trays, supplies, and other daily tasks to promote the most optimal experience for our patients, as well as ensuring a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence use/troubleshooting of equipment.
- Daily inspection of procedure room for proper supplies, restocking of rooms as necessary, knowledgeable of supply location, quick room turnover, and maintains room cleanliness to promote a safe environment.
- Properly prepare and assist the physician in the administration of contrast media as needed for each exam in adherence of department guidelines.
- Knowledge of all contrast materials used for exams, preparation, dose, and any possible contrast reaction.
- Correctly labels all drawn contrast and medications.
Assesses plans, provides intervention and evaluates care for each patient based on age specificity to avoid any unnecessary radiation exposure.
Major Work Activities:
- Proper patient identification using two patient identifiers prior to procedure.
- Assist the patient in transfer to and from the exam table, wheelchair, cart, or bed.
- Uses proper technique or protocol and immobilization appropriate to patient's age.
- Promote patient safety.
- Follow all levels of precaution guidelines.(sterile technique, aseptic, universal). Maintains current licensure & professional registration by maintaining educational point requirements to ensure expansion of job knowledge.
Performs all required hospital and department documentation & verification in an accurate and proficient manner to aid in a timely diagnosis and proper billing.
Major Work Activities:
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Verify that all patient information & demographics are correct & entered into the scanner via modality worklist.
- Verifies physician orders in computer systems (EPIC & RIS) before performing procedures.
- Verify that all exam images are in PACS.
- Track patient procedures in computer following RIS protocol and verifies that information is tracked correctly.
- During computer downtime, follows appropriate procedure and completes paperwork when computer resumes function.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities:
Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
- Associates Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
- 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Specify Degree(s):Radiology
- 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency Certification (IEMA)
- Certified Vascular Interventional Radiography (ARRT)
- Basic Keyboarding Skills
- Microsoft Word
- IDX Radiology
- IDX Scheduling
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Power Point
- Microsoft Word
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
- Ability to function independently and manage own time and work tasks
- Ability to lead work teams
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize workflow
- Ability to work as an effective team member
Job Number: 00198907
Location: Berwyn, IL
Organization Name: Loyola University Medical Center
Facility: LUHS-MacNeal Hospital
Employment Type: Full time