Walmart Director Inbound Planning in BENTONVILLE, Arkansas
1250059BRReq ID:1250059BRCompany Summary:What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.Job Title:Director Inbound PlanningTime Type:Full TimeCity:BENTONVILLEState:ARPosition Description:The Director of Inbound Planning will lead a team of Inbound Planning Managers and Senior Inbound Planning Managers. Working with stakeholders, the Director oversees optimized inbound stock flow and DC resource utilization without breaching network constraints. Additionally the role manages the flawless scheduling of inbound orders with a focus on continuous performance improvement from providing thought leadership and end to end business focus. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Inbound Flow and Order Management
• Via training & coaching ensure the team is equipped to execute the timely scheduling of DC purchase orders
• Ensure the accountability is clear for optimization of system settings and process to deliver automated schedule rate KPI’s
• Oversee inbound flow, communicate and resolve known and unexpected issues. Negotiate changes to DC operations and purchasing practises when constraints are breached
• Design and enhance decision rights within processes and socialize with business stakeholders
Constraint Planning and Inbound Optimisation
• Influence the capacity planning process by working with Replenishment teams and DC operators to optimize stock flow - achieving optimum utilization without breaching constraints
• Develop and improve on business processes to ensure a basis for sound information flows, analytical decision making and optimised inbound flow
• Ensure the construction of comprehensive and accurate inbound/reserve capacity plans occur, with focus on volume and seasonal events, managing accountability in the process
• Proactively identify future capacity issues, develop & delivery of alternative solutions
• Oversee the network meets performance outcomes during peak retail periods - ensuring constraints are recognised in the long-term planning processes and accounted for by other planning functions
• Coach the team to enhance understanding of supply chain constraints and negotiate short or long term capacity expansion to meet surplus demand. Responsibilities also include review of proposed constraints by Logistics operations (or suppliers) to simulate impacts on replenishment plans
• Drive accountability to ensure demand is modelled against known inbound, outbound and reserve constraints to identify breaches and resolve impacts to suppliers, Replenishment and Logistics operations
• Ensure inbound team members, Directors and Managers build strong relationships with DC GM’s to gather constraints and develop improvement opportunities
• Drive strong integration with the rest of NPO team to gather future inbound volume for events and impacts to capacity are clearly understood
• Feel when processes or business hand-offs are not clear with stakeholders and proactively lead the charge in such scenarios
• Foster a high performance culture – be a role model and ensure team members demonstrate; energy, curiosity, emotional awareness, composure & dignity, trust and are outcome focused in all ways of working.
• Lead and engage team members through effective people management practices, coaching and mentoring to provide them with the capabilities to achieve individual objectives, team objectives and goals
• Personify the Walmart values
• Conduct routine skills assessments and gap analysis to create development and training plans for employees to assist them to acquire new/relevant skills sets that facilitate business outcomes
• Recognize and identify talent within the team establishing transparent succession plans for employees to progress towards more senior roles or opportunities
• Be in tune with skills within the team and business needs, promote multi-skilling to cover absent team members
• Strive for right people in right role
Performance Evaluation and Management
• Establishing clear performance expectations with direct reports, evaluate gaps in skills and performance, and ensure appropriate business metrics are in placeMinimum Qualifications:
2 years supervisory experience.
3 years experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office.
Bachelor s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 5 years experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area OR 7 years experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
5 years experience in retail logistics operations.
Master's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
Project Management certification.
Six Sigma certification.
Category:Supply Chain and Logistics Status:SalaryShift:0Brand:Walmart