POWDR Ticket Cashier - Winter Seasonal in Bend, Oregon
Sales Center Cashiers work in a high volume environment selling and fulfilling tickets, season passes, equipment rentals and Gravity School products. This job requires a high level of computer experience, and cashiers must demonstrate understanding and proficiency in operating the Point of Sale to fulfill products sold. Cashiers must have the ability to work well with the public on a constant basis, sometimes under stressful conditions. Based on availability of positions/shifts, cashiers will have the opportunity to advance upon demonstrating understanding and proficiency of the necessary skills outlined in separate training documents.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
Provide Excellent Guest Service:
- Greet guests warmly, using guest's name, making eye contact and exhibiting exceptional customer service skills
- Direct and assist guests with product/service choices
- Listen to and take care of guests under tight time constraints
- Anticipate and meet the needs of guests
- Know what products and services are available for sale and actively pursue opportunities for sales
- Complete transaction efficiently and accurately, directing guests as necessary
Support Teamwork and Initiative:
- Work well with others as part of a team and attend departmental meetings
- Be aware of any procedural changes and event activity that may affect department by reviewing staff announcement notebook and communicating with Tickets Supervisor at the beginning of your shift
- Be aware of department needs outside of specific cashiering tasks and take initiative to contribute
Operate POS system:
- Count bank, check and/or load ticket and receipt printer, and other supplies
- Sell day and multi day lift tickets as well as tubing tickets using cash, credit card, gift card and mixed payment
- Identify when a transaction is to be a sale, voucher redemption from profile, or an order fulfillment
- Know correct redemption procedure for a Tickets Cancellation voucher
- Recognize commonly presented physical vouchers and coupons and know their usage restrictions, and redemption procedures
- Search for and find customer vouchers, identify correct voucher(s), redeem correct voucher(s)
- Basic trouble shooting of the POS equipment including re-starting, clearing ticket jams, ticket will not feed issues, etc
- Complete Basic Cashiering class with IT
Specific Job Skills:
Technical- Able to run a computerized POS system.
Physical Capabilities- Able to lift 20lbs and able to stand for long periods of time
Additional- Cash handling experience is preferred. Must have good math and typing skills. Able to meet your scheduling commitment.
Minimum education required- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum time in related position- 1 year in customer service, retail, hospitality or related customer service experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled