Microsoft Corporation Principal Group Software Engineering Manager in Bellevue, Washington
The enterprise application landscape is overrun with a mix of legacy applications and modern services, some running on-premises and others in the cloud. As a result, organizations looking to scale have multiple systems that don’t talk to each other, which creates a disconnect between legacy and modern applications and services. Microsoft Power Automate is at the heart of the Process Automation transformation by unifying both Digital and Robotic Process Automation. It simplifies these end-to-end scenarios by connecting API-based automation and UI-based automation.
Furthermore, we empower all enterprise employees, both non-programmers and programmers alike, to intuitively automate their repetitive activities, so that they can focus on more high value tasks. Our goal is to reinvent business processes by ensuring that building automation bots does not require deep training and support like other Process Automation vendors.
To continue to innovate and differentiate in the Process Automation space, we are growing our team. This is an opportunity to work with multiple technologies and partner with multiple teams both inside Microsoft and across the industry
We are a diverse team that has moved from incubation into full-scale product development and are now gearing up for the next phase of growth. We are looking for highly motivated, self-driven developers with strong collaboration skills, who will help design and implement the next generation of Process Automation experiences. As a developer on the team, you will actively participate in customer engagements and deeply understand the competitive landscape. We are looking for developers who have a deep sense of pride and personal accountability for end-to-end quality, product completeness, and have a strong desire to create intuitive and impactful experiences that will be validated using a data driven approach.
• You will help set strategic and technical direction, including design and architecture
• You will build and grow a high performing team
• You will define OKRs, and lead your team to produce strong results based on OKRs
• You will design, implement, deploy and operate
• You will be responsible for modernizing our engineering platform and infrastructure
We need someone who
• Is passionate about great design and architecture
• Customer obsessed and focused on building great experiences
• Drives constant improvement in how we work
• Enjoys mentoring and growing strong talent
• Desires to constantly be challenged and grow
• 10+ years of experience developing commercial software/services
• 5+ years of experience managing & leading high performing team
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to break down complex cross functional technical problems
• Strong written and verbal communication and demonstrated ability to influence across organizational boundaries
• Expertise in object-oriented design gained from at least 8 years of working with OOP languages and patterns.
• A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs