Avantor, Inc. Intern - Commercial Ops in Batavia, Illinois
Job SummaryThis temporary position is responsible for assisting customers by: a) becoming familiar with the customer’s organization, product needs, processes and procedures; b) partnering with the Sales Team to provide the highest level of customer service to all accounts; c) candidates will develop a presentation on a selected topic or project and present results to the Leadership team.
▪ Direct receipt of orders for product by the Customer▪ Provides guidance in product selection and sourcing▪ Works closely with the sales team to secure business▪ Researching and resolving Customer issues as well as using root cause analysis to provide solutions▪ Interacts with VWR Vendors to obtain product information▪ Works cross-functionally with other departments to offer solutions▪ Enables sales growth by growing relationships with our customers▪ Utilize SAP order management system to process customer orders▪ Documents order interaction history through Sales Force▪ Maintains knowledge of VWR policies and procedures▪ Use innovation and creativity in developing new processes and procedures▪ Perform other duties as assigned
▪ Currently enrolled full-time in undergraduate program at an accredited University
▪ Major or Minor of study in Science, Business, Supply Chain or related field
▪ GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
▪ This position requires an individual who is self-directed and detail-oriented with an inquisitive nature and desire to solve problems
▪ Strong business acumen
▪ Excellent communication and people skills▪ Strong follow-up skills, attention to detail, and time management
▪ Ability to work in a team environment or independently with minimal direction▪ Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment
▪ Sense of ownership and accountability
▪ Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Avantor® is a leading global provider of integrated, tailored solutions for the life sciences and advanced technology industries. Strengthened by the recent acquisition of VWR, the Company is a trusted partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million products, Avantor enables customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world.
Learn more at www.avantorsciences.com
- Avantor, Inc. Jobs