IQVIA Associate Director, Clinical Operations in Barcelona, Spain
IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Manage RWE EMEA Sub Region 2 (Belgium, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal) staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include RWE DG country leadership; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
• Direct the hiring and selection process for a group of clinical staff by conducting candidate review through participation in the interviewing process. Evaluate current methods and develops office/region based tools for onboarding training for new staff in conjunction with Human Resources and Learning and Development training programs.
• Ensure that staff has the proper materials, systems access and training to complete job responsibilities. Provide oversight for the execution of the training plan, SOP review and mentored training experiences, as applicable.
• Allocate resources to projects by assigning staff to clinical studies that are appropriate to their experience and training. May participate in country/region coordinated resourcing process.
• Manage the quality of assigned staff's clinical work through regular review and evaluation of work product. This review may include review of written materials, soliciting internal and external customer feedback, and review of project assignment completion. Identifies quality risks and issues and create appropriate corrective action plans.
• Ensure that staff is meeting defined workload, quality and budget metrics through regular review and reporting of findings as outlined by clinical operations management.
• Act as a coach and mentor for staff members as they develop in their roles. Collaborate with project leadership including the PM and other functional leadership to manage project related challenges and to achieve exemplary customer service. Act as an adjunct SML or PM as needed to support achievement of study objectives.
• Participates in corporate or departmental quality or process improvement initiatives.’
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Advanced knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of clinical research financial parameters and project financial tracking and accounting methods
• Strong leadership skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including good command of English
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
• Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent; 10 yrs of clinical trials experience including 5 years experience in a leadership capacity or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
At IQVIA, we have a vision. Where every healthcare decision is based on evidence. Where data science and human science come together to improve global health. Where new and creative solutions aren’t just possible – they are expected.
Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us. It takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage to transform healthcare. The 56,000+ employees of the IQVIA family of companies, including Q2 Solutions, are reimagining a world without the consequences of disease. We are brave minds bringing powerful ideas to reality. At IQVIA, you can truly make an impact in an environment where you’re supported to succeed.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs