St. Mary's Good Samaritan Certified Nursing Assistant-N in Baraboo, Wisconsin
Responsible for providing direct personal care to residents according to established care plan and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Resident Personal Care: Provides quality care and services for residents in a dignified and respectful manner that meets individual resident care needs in accordance with the resident's plan of care. Provides care that helps to maintain the highest level of resident independence. Monitors and reports changes of condition. Completes required records to document resident care. Assists nurse with V.S., weights, and specimen collection.
- Preventative Skin Care: Provides care to prevent skin breakdown: utilizing specialty mattresses, foam boots, Cavilon to heals, turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, cushions in all wheelchairs. Promptly reports rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding to nurse.
- Fall Prevention: Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives are in place and are activated as indicated including: personal alarms, cushion alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors. Remains alert to fall risks for residents and reports concerns to nurse.
- End of Life Care: Ensures quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket to meet resident pain/restlessness to nurse. Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure ceremony.
- Safety: Complies with safety policies/procedures to ensure safe practices for residents, staff, self and others. Maintains compliance with: gait belt use for all manually assisted transfers, locomotion/transfer/lifting devices, resident positioning, and always uses mechanical lift to lift resident from floor. Uses good body mechanics while on duty. Identifies wandering residents and responds to door alarms. Reports safety incidents, concerns, or hazards to supervisor or other responsible parties as indicated.
- Infection Control: Complies with infection control standards during tour of duty including hand hygiene, appropriate use of personal protective equipment, and isolation precautions. Understands to use handwashing with soap and water when dealing with gastrointestinal illnesses. Helps to maintain residents in isolation when indicated. Participates in mandatory vaccination programs. Does not work when contagious.
- Customer Service: Completes white boards within first hour of duty on AM/PM shift. Answers call lights as soon as possible to meet resident needs in a timely manner. Avoids 'toxic' plrases while on duty. Takes action to correct customer service issue immediately. Understands how to use a 'Fix It Now' and uses when indicated.
- Documentation: Completes all assigned documentation requirements including guidelines for resident care, BM outputs, meal intakes, restorative care, behaviors, and other. Keeps access code for computer confidential at all times. Does not share access code with others and does not use other's access codes.
- Care of Unit: Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of resident
- Privacy/Confidentiality: Maintains privacy and confidentiality for residents at all times including resident information in any format: paper, electronic, video, photographic, and conversation. rooms. Provides bed making, ensures call lights within reach, tumble mats, personal alarms and other safety devices are in place as indicated. Completes assigned duties.
- Equipment Competency: Uses equipment according to standards of care and policy/procedure. Reports repair needs
- CNA certification required. Current on Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry.
- Computer data entry required.
- Must maintain 12 hours of related in service/training for CNA requirement.
- Current Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry may be waived for St. Clare Meadows CNA scholarship recipients with Administrator and HR approval per the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Training Program and Registry Manual guidelines for Nurse Aides (section 220.127.116.11) - 'A nurse aide student enrolled in an approved nurse aide training program may be permitted to work for up to 120 calendar days, if the person is employed full-time by a federally certified nursing home. The person must be placed on the Nurse Aide Registry by the 120th calendar day from the date of the enrollment in the approved program.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous health care experience, especially in a geriatric setting, is preferred.
Organization: SSM Health St. Clare Meadows Care Center
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Baraboo-SSM Health St. Clare Meadows Care Center
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Clare Meadows Care Center (0036) 1414 Jefferson Street Baraboo, 53913
Req ID: 19509070