Trinity Health RN ICU PRN Varied in Baker City, Oregon
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Provide professional nursing care in collaboration with members of the health care team in the ongoing assessment, planning and treatment of patients and families. Utilize resources wisely while promoting physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being. Maintain accurate and complete documentation of nursing services. Serve as a patient advocate. In addition to providing hands-on nursing care, RNs work and serve in a broad range of capacities including, but not limited to, delegation, assessment, planning of care and treatment, teaching of the patient and the patient’s family. The RN is expected to exercise competency in judgment, decision making, implementation of nursing intervention, delegation of function or responsibility, and administration of medications and treatments prescribed by legally authorized persons.
Skills, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Licensed in the State of Idaho as a Registered Nurse as defined by the Idaho State Board of Nursing is required.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- Demonstrated team, analysis, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including medical record keeping.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people under adverse conditions.
- Meets medical center’s Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations with all co-workers, other departments, and with patients and visitors.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue Management - Ensure the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Demonstrates compliance with hospital safety policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
- Educates patient based on assessment of needs.
- Develops, implements and evaluates a plan of care based on patient's needs.
- Communicates patient's current status and plan of care to other caregivers (verbally and in writing).
- Prepares, gives and evaluates the effectiveness of medications.
- Demonstrates safe operation of patient care equipment.
- Advocates for the rights of patients.
- Provides nursing measures to alleviate or reduce pain.
- Demonstrates therapeutic communication.
- Establishes therapeutic and professional boundaries.
- Integrates knowledge, experience, professional standards and hospital policies into nursing practice.
- Meets unit specific technical skills.
- Practices with the rules and regulations defined by the Idaho State Board of Nursing.
- New graduate nurses are hired on as a Level I with the expectation of advancing to a Level II after successful completion of the first year of employment and accomplishing the specific department criteria and competencies for a Level I RN. Level II must be maintained for the duration of employment with the opportunity to advance on the Professional Development Ladder if criteria are met.
- New experienced RN hires with one year of experience or more are hired as Level II’s with the expectation that Level II be maintained for the duration of employment with the opportunity to advance on the Professional Development Ladder if appropriate criteria are met.
Job Number: 00114215
Location: Baker City, OR
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Baker City Campus
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift