Trinity Health Certified Nurses Aide Medical PRN in Baker City, Oregon
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care. Assists patients with bathing, dressing, eating and elimination. Works closely with patients helping them with other activities of daily living such as transferring from the bed to a chair, performing minor physical therapy routines and turning in bed to prevent bed sores. Takes patient vitals such as blood pressure, heart rate and temperature, all while working under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have successfully completed an approved Certified Nursing Assistant Level I Acute Care course.
- Must be licensed as a Certified Nursing Assistant Level I Acute Care in the State of Oregon.
- BLS certification required.
- Solid observation skills with the ability to recognize significant changes and report those changes to the RN/Team Leader.
- Basic knowledge of nursing procedures including patient personal care and hygiene.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Collects data in partnership with the RNs, LPNs, and other healthcare providers in a consistent, systematic, and continuous manner.
- Focuses on the patient as a whole, including the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, environmental, educational, self-care, and care coordination needs of the patient and family/support system.
- Supports the RN/Team Leader when patient care needs are established and prioritizes activities to meet unit and patient goals.
- Prioritizes and performs direct and/or indirect patient interventions as assigned by the RN/Team Leader.
- Safely performs technical procedures required by the patient within scope of practice and within established nursing and facility policies.
- Recognizes and responds to urgent or changing patient needs and initiates actions to correct, reduce, or prevent risk.
- Continually evaluates patient and family responses and communicates to the RN.
- Promotes own educational development to improve skills and knowledge by participation in departmental meetings, in-service educational programs, community resources, and established facility nursing committees.
- Participates in safe, cost-effective use of all facility/patient supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned with proper orientation and competency.
- Reports to the House Supervisor for daily assignments.
Job Number: 00089557
Location: Baker City, OR
Organization Name: Saint Alphonsus Health System
Facility: SAHS Baker City Campus
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Rotating Shift