HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Nurse in Austin, Texas
HCA has been recognized as a/World’s Most Admired Company/in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry byFortune Magazine.The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCAoperates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which meansNO nights, NO weekends, or On-callwill be required.**The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
Video- ASD RN__
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
* Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* New Extended Family Leave and PTO
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Discount Program
* ** Demonstrates necessary practical, technical,or specialized skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
* Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
* Demonstrates knowledge of management of patient, including:being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition and being readily available to assist as directed. * Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy. * Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure. * Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications. * Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care. * Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia. * *
Education: ** * Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Experience: * Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
Certification/License: * Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure * Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.* *online certification not acceptable. * ACLS as required by facility. * CNOR certification preferred.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Operating Room Nurse
Location: Texas-Austin-St David%27s Austin Area ASC
Requisition ID: 26756-69667