Airgas Usa LLC Plant Operator in Augusta, Georgia
If you're looking for dry ice, /you'll find it with Airgas/. As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide the primary manual labor required to produce and package dry ice.
_SCHEDULE - 6:00pm - 6:00am_
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Loads and package dry ice on a daily basis in accordance with quality standards.
- Operates forklift and/or pallet jack on a daily basis to maneuver and load dry ice boxes on production floor and trailers.
- Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Clean-up functions including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up. Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred. EXPERIENCE
One (1) year experience in a production/manufacturing environment MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, commissions, proportions, and percents. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Able to read and write.
- Able to understand and follow the direction of supervisors.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be in good physical condition. Essential job function requires the routine lifting and manipulation of dry ice blocks ranging in weight from 5 – 60 pounds each.
Work may require standing, stooping, crouching, or bending. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Able to function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility.
- Shift work required. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Title: Plant Operator
Requisition ID: 22318