FirstKey Homes, LLC Information Security Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
The Information Security Engineer will ensure that FirstKey Homes’ IT infrastructure is optimized, maintained and secured. This role will analyze infrastructure needs, coordinate the implementation of solutions, monitor systems and networks and troubleshoot matters to ensure performance optimization and security. He/she will assist the Senior Information Security Engineer with planning, implementing, and achieving various cybersecurity initiatives. This role is tailored towards someone with strong infrastructure knowledge and is interested in cybersecurity.
• Maintain computer network and related computing environments including cloud-based platforms, computer hardware, systems and applications software, and all configurations.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems. When necessary replace defective components.
• Monitor network performance to identify where current and future adjustments need to be made. Ensure adjustments optimize network performance.
• Recommend solutions to improve systems, network configurations, and determining hardware or software requirements for changes.
• Design, configure, and test computer hardware, network software and operating system software.
• Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
• Coordinate with vendors and company personnel to facilitate purchases.
• Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes. Recommend and implement approved technologies to enhance company operations.
• Assist Senior Information Security Engineer with the implementation and maintenance of cybersecurity initiatives.
• This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Primarily working indoors, office environment.
• May sit for several hours at a time.
• Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
• Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
• May require travel to local FirstKey Home markets 20-30% of the time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Programming or equivalent work experience and/or education
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a role as an Infrastructure Engineer, Senior IT Helpdesk Representative or similar position
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 Environment, Dynamics and Azure Cloud
• Familiarity with security and compliance with Office 365 including threat management
• Knowledge of Exchange Admin Console and Retention policies
• Working knowledge of PowerShell Script
• Experience with Active Directory users and computers
• Understanding of SAAS applications including SSO Setup
• Experience with SCCM or equivalent technology
• Experience with VM Server Deployment on Cloud and on Hyper-V
• Experience with server roles and management
• Experience with cloud data backup and redundancy
• Experience in generating reports
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong interest in cybersecurity engineering
• Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
• Computers— Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Systems Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
• Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Troubleshooting — Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
• Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
• Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
• Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
• Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.
Job ID: 2019-2568
External Company Name: FirstKey Homes, LLC
External Company URL: http://www.firstkeyhomes.com/
Post End Date: 3/29/2019