BCD Travel Information Security Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
The Analyst II will research, understand and communicate legal, regulatory and contractual security requirements related to the BCD Travel organization. The Analyst II will support and enforce security controls in alignment with the established Security policies, guidelines and leading best practices. The Analyst II will also be aware of business needs and will work to maintain presence of security controls throughout the BCD Travel operating environment.
The individual will possess good oral and written communication skills and have the ability to leverage skills and expertise within information security to develop and convey the appropriate message internal and external to BCD Travel.
- Promote and exhibit collaboration and positive teamwork
- Use a teaching/education approach to help users understand their risks and better protect information and systems.
- Analyze and report opportunities to integrate security into daily business operations.
- Provide high quality customer service by listening and understanding the needs of the users.
- Evaluate and implement methods to continually improve security and assist business with reducing risks.
- Leverage industry leading knowledge to analyze and assess gaps and provide recommendations for remediation
- Study and understand the core functions and services that are provided by the business.
- Be familiar with the security requirements and controls needed to maintain the business operations.
- Translate business requirements into actionable security tasks. * Assess gaps and develop remediation plans
- Integrate and implement security requirements into business requirements.
- Continually evaluate effectiveness to achieve business objectives.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies relating to Information Security.
- Identify and communicate threats and vulnerabilities that could impact business operations.
- Assess, document and communicate risks in context with business operations.
- Develop and communicate remediation plans capable of reducing risk to the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A., B.S.), or equivalent combination of education and experience in Information Security, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, International business or related curriculum
- 2 years' experience in the field or in a related area
- 1 year of relevant general Information Technology experience, desired
- Aptitude to prioritize and load balance sensitive projects concurrently
- Strong organizational, time management, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Security industry relevant certifications such as CISA, CISM, CISSP, HISP, PMP
- Experience with ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 27001:2005 requirements, a plus
- Attention to detail
- Work independently in the absence of supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled