SunTrust Banks Cyber Remediation Analyst Jr in Atlanta, Georgia
Req ID: W461535
A junior technical role within the cyber security team that is accountable for driving technical and cybersecurity remediation or mitigation activities within the SunTrust environment. Provide direct high-level analysis of specific or broad-scope security issues and risks identified by key systems and other sources. Produce tactical level analysis and reporting of cyber security risks and trends to inform decision-making processes and the holistic cyber security risk posture of the bank. Provide quality assurance to ensure risks are scoped and assessed appropriately. Assess scope of security issues and develop best practice approaches to remediation or mitigate. Regularly participate in data protection, application security, vulnerability management, threat identification and hunting, and/or deep dive research projects as assigned to challenge assumptions and articulate true, proven cyber security risk within the bank. Document & communicate analysis results or findings to both technical and business audiences. Track and drive identified cyber security risks through remediation & recovery. Additionally, the Cyber Security Analyst may participate in the forensic collection and analysis of digital evidence to support HR, Legal, and other investigations.
- 2 or more years of hands on experience with vulnerability and configuration scanners like Nessus, Qualys, InsightVM, eEye Retina, JAMF, AirWatch, and GFI LanGuard
- 2 or more years of combined experience supporting Microsoft Windows servers and endpoints, Mac endpoints, Apple and Android Mobile devices, Linux & Unix servers, virtual infrastructure, and network assets (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.)
- At least one year or more with hands on experience with vulnerability and configuration aggregation tools like ThreadFix, Qualys, BMC Bladelogic, and Kenna Security
- At least one year or more years’ experience with patching systems like SCCM, OMS, BigFix, JAMF, AirWatch, and GFI LanGuard
- Exposure to Application Security concepts like OWASP
- Exposure to basic scripting and coding (e.g. Node.js, Python, C#, Java, Go)
- Exposure Data Security standards and best practices
- Exposure to Cybersecurity framework like NIST, COBIT, ISA, and ISO
- Exposure to PCI-DSS 3.x standards
- Exposure to Agile framework (e.g. CI/CD)
- Exposure to Public Cloud services (e.g. IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 2 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologiesassociated with the computer and network security, incident response, digital forensics, intelligence and/or counterintelligence discipline.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents.
- Awareness of industry competitive landscape and the factors that differentiate SunTrust and other banks in the market.
Ability to communicate complex information in straightforward situations. Preferred Skills:
Master's degree or MBA and 3 years of related experience. Previous experience in the banking industry. Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA_508c.pdf
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- SunTrust Banks Jobs