Emory Healthcare/Emory University Clinical Research Coordinator II in Atlanta, Georgia
Emory School of Nursing invites applications for a full-time Project Coordinator position to manage study and oversee the day to day operations of a federally-funded suppplemental research study for SPIRIT in ESRD plus ADRD. This is a randomized controlled trial that will test an end-of-life communication intervention, SPIRIT (Sharing the Patient’s Illness Representations to Increase Trust) for individuals with ESRD and their family caregivers or surrogate decision makers. This grant will last until 2021. This position is for someone who is experienced in managing clinical trials.
Handles administrative activities generally associated with the conduct of clinical trials. Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
Manages research project databases, develops flow sheets and other study related documents, and completes source documents/case report forms.
Interfaces with research participants, determines eligibility and consents study participants according to protocol.
Approves orders for supplies and equipment maintenance. Assists in developing recruitment strategies and conducting screenings for study participants including interviews and questionnaires. Supervises collection of study specimens and processing.
Establishes case packages for study procedures, monitors scheduling of procedures and charges, coordinates other services as needed.
Ensures compliance with research protocols, reviews case report forms and audits for accuracy with source documents, attends monitoring meetings with sponsors. Prepares regulatory submissions.
With appropriate credentialing and training. May perform phlebotomy or diagnostics.
Performs related approved responsibilities as required.
(1.) High School Diploma or GED and five years of clinical research experience.
(2.) Two years of college in a scientific, health related, or business administration program and three years clinical research experience
(3.) Licensed as a practical nurse (LPN) and two years clinical research experience
(4.) Bachelor's degree in a scientific, health related, or business administration related program and one year of clinical research experience
Master's degree, MD or PhD in a scientific, health related or business administration program
This position is intended to support clinical research and all clinical training requirements must be tracked and monitored through Emory Healthcare under the credentialing category of CLINICAL RESEARCHER.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
Project Coordinator responsibilities, under direction of the PI and Research Projects Manager, include:
(1) managing, supervising, coordinating, and training all interviewers/data collectors, recruiters, other staff members and graduate students,
(2) coordinating and monitoring research activities and performances,
(3) developing and maintaining standard operating procedures, data booklets, training manuals, and human subjects protection documents,
(4) supervising screening, recruiting, consenting, enrolling, scheduling, interviewing, and retaining of subjects, and participating in those research activities as needed
(5) managing and maintaining budgetary and project records,
(6) overseeing data management and generating weekly and monthly study progress reports,
(7) coordinating data and safety monitoring activities, and
(8) participating in NIH progress reports, scientific presentations and publications as needed.
A Master’s degree in nursing, public health, social sciences, education, or other related area preferred.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS STRONGLY PREFERRED:
1) Previous experience in managing a randomized clinical trial for at least 2 years.
(2) Proficiency in REDCap; that is, can build and manage a study REDCap for scheduling and tracking, and data forms.
(3) Proficiency in excel; that is, can use excel effectively for data visualization, tracking, and reports and dashboards, e.g. pivot tables, using functions or macros, Gantt charts.
(4) Proficiency in SPSS (or other equivalent statistical software, such as SAS, STATA, or R); that is, at minimum, can perform descriptive data analysis and interpret the results.
Physical effort: Must be able to travel between the School of Nursing and participating clinics. Must have the manual dexterity and visual acumen to use desktop PCs or laptops and audio-recording devices. Must have good hearing and a clear speaking voice since this study includes interview and telephone data collection.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?
Division School Of Nursing
Campus Location Atlanta, GA, 30322
Campus Location US-GA-Atlanta
Department SON: Nursing Research
Job Type Regular Full-Time
Job Number 43026
Job Category Research & Research Administration
Standard Hours 40 Hours
Emory Healthcare is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices and decisions. Emory Healthcare prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age (40 and over), disability, citizenship, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Emory Healthcare/Emory University
- Emory Healthcare/Emory University Jobs