MasterCard Director, Content Creation in Arlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Content Creation
The Content Director will be responsible for leading our commercial thought leadership (CTL) center of excellence, partnering with key stakeholders and driving our positioning efforts by developing compelling and effective content, leading the CTL team and contributing to content strategy across geographies and industries for Mastercard Services.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Demand Generation and leading a team of 3 people, we are looking for:
• A strong leader with impeccable writing skills and a journalistic mindset, who can craft compelling stories and deliver brand-building content to support our products, services, and thought leadership initiatives.
• Someone who can bring creative approach to our content creation and develop fresh, new, and original thought leadership pieces, white papers, blog posts, and byline articles.
• Someone who is intellectually curious by nature and enjoys writing about business technology topics that inspire action and discussion.
• A team leader that will engage the thought leadership team and connect across very matrixed organization
All About You:
What makes being a Content Director at Mastercard great?
• Tangibly making an impact at a successful organization like Mastercard
• Ability to contribute to strategic decisions, such as which industry topics and trends to cover, and shaping our messaging
• Collaboration with exceptional peers and senior leaders who are passionate about what they do
• Flexibility to work on many new, challenging, and rapidly moving projects, often with daily deadlines
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Strong and extended relevant experience as a corporate writer, business journalist, or research analyst with a writing heavy work profile (e.g., writing for an industry analyst firm)
• Prior experience writing content intended for C-Suite level executives
• Experience writing about business technology and economics is preferred; experience writing about the financial services or retail industries (including travel / hospitality) is a plus
• Exceptional writing skills and experience writing for a variety of audiences
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional attention to details and project management skills
• Understanding of B2B marketing, business development, and demand generation strategies
• Excited to contribute to a growing, fast moving, and highly collaborative team
• Desire to own projects from start to finish and lead a talented team
• Ability to multitask and prioritize different projects on tight deadlines
• Full professional proficiency in English is required; other native or fluent language skills are a plus (Spanish, German, Italian or French preferred)
• Highly motivated, self-directed, hard-working professional who’s resilient and passionate
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-83714
- MasterCard Jobs