Trinity Health SJSEMI_Med Tech Spec_R01723 in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
*An opportunity exists for a Medical Technologist to serve as Technical Service Rep, resolving specimen issues in theClinical Laboratories at SJMHS. *
Performing over 5 million tests per year, the Laboratory at SJMHS is one of the largest in the state of Michigan. This is a fully automated state-of-the-art lab where you will be able to utilize your experience and skills, but also to learn and grow. Located in Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Ann Arbor you will be centrally located to the art, culture, academics, entertainment and activities that Ann Arbor provides.
GENERAL SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
Technical Service Representatives provide detailed technical support for hospital outreach based clients and also act as a resource to other laboratory support staff. Services include assisting with highly technical questions, providing support material for esoteric testing, and conferring with the laboratory staff to find specific answers to questions. They function to find solutions for all issues requiring research and follow-up.
Provides new and existing outpatient laboratory services clients with assistance in staff training, questions/concerns of SJHMS operational standards, and follows up with management on recommendations for improvements.
Responsible for maintaining service excellence by acting as a liaison between the Laboratory and all existing outreach customers. Helps to maintains current accounts by problem solving and maintaining positive customer relationships.
Depending on the site may be responsible for ensuring area personnel are properly trained, to include assessing competency levels.
* * Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university in Medical Technology or health care related major or equivalent preferred. * ASCP registration preferred. * Knowledge of medical insurance billing procedures and requirements preferred. * Excellent customer service orientation skills necessary in order to deal effectively with various levels of hospital personnel, outside customers and community groups.
- Coordinates outpatient laboratory services by researching, troubleshooting and resolving inquiries and/or problems on a daily basis as directed to ensure operational needs are met. Responds expeditiously to the concerns of clients and patients.
- Assist in establishing new client outpatient laboratory services, by ensuring lab staff is trained in SJMHS policies, procedures and level of expectations.
- Provides guidance and expertise to outpatient lab staff through the development of educational tools, to include, but not limited to job aids, learning tools, unique training situations, etc. Provides internal QA reports, audits and employee competency assessment as follow up to training success.
- Routinely assess either through on-site visits or other communication methods the satisfaction level of new outpatient laboratory services, noting special requests, troubleshooting & resolving complaints, and providing on-going training to staff. Maintains records of all client calls.
- Alerts lab management to any potential loss of business due to client dissatisfaction. Makes recommendations for necessary changes.
- Develop and maintain a complete knowledge of insurance plans, registration and billing procedures.
- Conducts regular in-services, acting as trainer for hospital-based programs and /or upgrades.
- Depending on the site completes employee work schedules to ensure adequate coverage is met. Trains and orients new employees.
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Job Number: 00193217
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift