Trinity Health RN Registered Nurse Inpatient Case Manager - 40 hrs/wk in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers. Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy… o Competitive compensation o Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability o Retirement savings plan with employer contribution o Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health o Free, on-campus parking Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Are you looking for a place to Be Remarkable? If you are looking for mission driven organization where you opinion matters and are viewed as an integral part of the care team, then Saint Joseph Mercy Health may be for you. Please check out our current needs and see where you can Be Remarkable too.
Training for this position generally lasts 6-8 weeks and training is full time, typically between the hours of 8am-5pm.
The Case Manager assumes overall accountability for patients’ discharge plans. This is achieved by coordinating care and service for defined patient populations during an acute care episode across the continuum of care. Case Managers work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to improve patient care through the effective utilization of the Health System’s resources. The Case Manager assumes a leadership role in achieving desired clinical, financial and resource utilization outcomes. The Case Manager demonstrates effective Relationship Centered Care and Outcomes Based Care Delivery skills and is accountable for clinical practice and professional leadership.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Case Manager Required Education, Experience, and Certification/Licensure
- Degree in Nursing
- Valid State of Michigan RN license
- At least 3 years of recent experience in an inpatient bedside role.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Three (3) years recent experience in direct patient care as an RN with demonstrated clinical expertise or equivalent experience and expertise as a Case Manager. Certification in Case Management is desirable. Individuals serving as case managers for the health system shall obtain CMSA certification within three years from their date of employment in the role or be in the process of obtaining certification as a case manager.
- Competent computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization. Able to use computerized medical record to retrieve and record patient information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships necessary to accomplish assessment, interventions, discharge planning, etc., with a wide range of patients, families, physicians, hospital staff, payers and community resources. Telephonic communication skills to develop professional rapport to provide clinical information and negotiate with external agencies.
- Analytic skills necessary to clinically assess patients’ needs, and to develop, coordinate and prioritize complex treatment and discharge plans.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to walk and stand 80% of work time.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, stoop sufficiently enough to meet patient’s physical needs.
- Current CPR Certification.
Job Number: 00116452
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Full time