Trinity Health Residency Coordinator in Ann Arbor, Michigan
GENERAL SUMMARY Under minimal supervision, organizes, coordinates, implements and administers the scheduling, education, evaluation and implementation of all ongoing processes for the department, residency program and student clerkship. Provide leadership role for the communication and day-to-day operational supervision of the department and GME functions. Assists with special projects and reports. Provides accounting, purchasing, secretarial, clerical, resource and administrative support to the Program Director and faculty of the Residency program. May supervise clerical staff engaged in the administration of the GME functions within the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily administration of residency policies and procedures related to the residency program.
- Coordinate the analysis, planning and development, and implementation of residency programs such as student clerkship program, and fourth year elective rotation, working with universities.
- Collect, analyze and maintain information needed to run the program daily.
- Interact with external customers regarding tasks related to maintaining accreditation.
- Coordinate and produce documentation and reports if requested by site reviewers.
- Establish and maintain all resident, faculty and program files.
- Interact with residency candidates to communicate the program requirements and procedures for application.
- Coordinate interviews with residency candidates and medical staff and ensure that they run smoothly.
- Serve as administrative support person for peer review/due process meetings, responsible for implementation and documentation or all the related processes.
- Participate in sensitive/confidential meetings regarding faculty, residences and problems within the program and document and maintain the confidentiality of all activities.
- Assist Program Director to recruit staff physicians to serve as mentors for residents, establishing schedules and maintaining them, and acting as liaison between institutions, physicians and students in the management of the student curriculum.
- Follow projects through to completion and pick up all necessary actions.
- Work independently with residents and other intradepartmental personnel to identify and resolve routine to complex problems related to orientation, benefits, scheduling. Also assist residents with resolving conflict in a constructive manner.
- Provides administrative support to the Program Director such as typing and/or word processing of correspondence, documents and reports, usually from rough draft or machine dictation.
- Answers phones and opens and sorts mail. Schedules appointments. Operates and maintains departmental computer database systems and data used for quality assurance, statistical reporting and/or other purposes.
- Assist in monitoring departmental budgets and accounts by gathering appropriate reports and records, identifying and resolving errors and discrepancies, with delegated authority to authorize routine expenditures.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE
Requires B.A. degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three years related experience in GME program coordination, administration, and clerical/administrative support.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to exercise independent judgement to set work priorities and work dependently with limited direction and guidance.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access software.
- Ability to troubleshoot minor information systems problems.
- Requires analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to make decisions and resolve problems and summarize data related to the GME program.
- Familiarity with administrative support procedures usually gained through three or more years of progressive administrative support experience.
- Accurate typing, spelling, data entry, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Detail oriented and knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective interpersonal skills to communicate with a wide range of staff, physicians, medical professionals, patients, visitors and other organizational personnel. Considerable tack and discretion for dealing with sensitive and confidential information, and for frequent interactions with high level contacts inside and outside the organization.
Normal office environment.
Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds, bending, standing and walking.
General direction is received from the GME Program Director.
The information provided in this document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected to be performed by the person assigned to this job. This document is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and working conditions associated with this job.
Job Number: 00117016
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Reichert Health Ctr
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift