Trinity Health Registered Nurse RN - Emergency Room - Part-Time Benefited in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Part-Time benefited position scheduled 24 hours per week, weekend and holiday rotation. 7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. or 9 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System *Emergency Department* (ED) provides comprehensive emergency care to patients of all ages treating approximately 85,000 patients annually in our 64 bed unit.
If you have the ability and desire to treat trauma patients, then we are an ideal environment in which to bring your ED, Critical Care or years of Inpatient Hospital nursing experience. The SJMHS ED is…
- Newly Verified ACS Level I trauma center
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Recognized for Outstanding Achievement for Organ Donation
The SJMHS ED offers a full range of services, from treating acute conditions to minor injuries and illnesses.
The ED offers specialized care to both pediatric and geriatric patients. A dedicated pediatric unit, staffed with pediatricians and pediatric emergency nurses, is open 14 hours a day. Specialized geriatric care and screening is provided to senior patients age 65 years and older in a specially designed geriatric area 16 hours a day.
Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. Consistently integrates concepts of relationship based care into practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients. Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies.
* Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Views patient holistically; considers physical, psychosocial, emotional, age specific, cultural and spiritual factors and demonstrates appropriate assessment skills for an identified patient population.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills by gathering and analyzing patient information, then responding to a patient situation. Implements corrective and/or creative interventions to achieve desired outcomes. Perseveres through barriers/obstacles to achieve the best possible outcomes for the patient.
- Develops implements, evaluates and revises an individualized plan of care using evidenced based interventions and standards of care, while actively involving the patient and family. Identifies needs and begins to plan for care across the continuum.
- Identifies patient and family education needs. Develops and implements teaching plan based on existing standards, seeking out additional resources when necessary. Utilizes teach back methodology to assure patient and family is learning effectively. Identifies necessary resources to assure readiness for discharge and begins to develop plan in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Participates effectively as a member of the interdisciplinary team by collaborating to achieve patient outcomes. Participates directly or indirectly in interdisciplinary rounds. Assures achievement of quality patient outcomes in collaboration with medical staff and health care team. Participates in unit/organizational quality and safety initiatives to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hospital acquired conditions such as nosocomial infections, falls and pressure ulcers and actively seeks to prevent.
- Identifies customer service needs and meets or exceeds expectations. Creates an environment that promotes customer satisfaction and the patient experience.
- Respectfully communicates both written and verbal information that is accurate, timely, concise and thorough. Effectively communicates patient status, priority goals and interventions to colleagues and other disciplines during consultation, rounds and handoffs.
- Manages team members to provide care for a group of patients during a designated time frame. Prioritizes necessary activities and delegates appropriately. Demonstrates effective team member skills.
- Efficiently organizes and prioritizes individual workload around patient and unit needs. Adjusts activities and plan depending on situation. Seeks to improve personal organizational skills to increase work efficiencies. Consistently demonstrates purposeful rounding.
- Graduation from accredited nursing program:
- As of 1/1/12, newly hired Registered Nurses must have a BSN degree or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within a specified time frame.
- Requires current Michigan Nursing License
*Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy…*
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Job Number: 00156120
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Part time