Trinity Health Physician Assistant - Surgery neurospine (Chelsea) in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Summary of the Position Provide quality health care for patients in clinic and OR
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate new patients, revisits, post op, patients in a clinic setting.
- Dictation with every patient seen for that day. Review and sign the dictations.
- Review all of our ordered imaging and make calls to follow up with the patients with the results and next steps.
- Daily monitor and respond to the “PA mailbox” in Athena. Review all imaging reports sent to the office for content. Forward and/or approve as appropriate. If there are any concerns, take care of them immediately.
- Sign all operative orders including review of allergies and current medications. If the patient on a high level of narcotics, bring to the Physician’s attention.
- When a Physician request, call back patients.
- Respond to the PA’s patients via call backs, log all conversations in Athena.
- If a Physician is running late, add the patient to your schedule.
- Throughout the day respond to secretary and staff questions.
- Be available for RN’s when they are presented with issues they are unsure of.
- Attend weekly Spine conference and monthly D&C conference.
- Compile data, monthly and quarterly stats for the D&C conference.
- Assist in any trials and completion of the required paperwork.
- Lead PA is responsible for providing a 6 month to 1 year schedule for the practice.
- Complete the yearly prescriptive authority and supervisory letters signed each year by the Physicians and then fax to SJMH.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Licensed in the State of Michigan to practice as a Physician Assistant.
- Trained and certified as a Physician Assistant.
- One to two years of clinical experience in a physician office or hospital setting.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written.
Job Number: 00113960
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift