Trinity Health Patient Care Tech - PCT, CNA, MA - Cardio Thoracic Surgical Progressive Care in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Patient Care Technician - PCT, CNA, MA - Cardiac, Thoracic & Vascular Surgical Progressive Care
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers. SJMHS is part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve.
The 2 East Unit provides care to cardiac, thoracic, vascular and other surgical patients. Patients on this unit require close and frequent assessments as well as skillful and timely interventions in order to achieve their treatment goals. 2 East is a 32 bed unit with the average patient age of 64.
Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent clinical practice and application of the nursing process. Consistently integrates concepts of relationship based care into practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated patients. Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year of previous direct care experience (acute or long term) or successful completion of CENA, PCT, MA, or EMT course. Student nurses must have completed their nursing fundamentals class of a BSN program.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients, families, and other employees
- Follow instructions and record patient information.
- Prioritize assigned tasks and organize work.
- Walk and stand for 90% of shift.
- Lift, turn, and position patients.
- Concentrate and pay close attention to details for over 90% of time
- Able to work in area with potential exposure to infectious agents and/or contaminants.
- Basic computer skills such as use of e-mail and simple word processing
- Maintains AHA Heartsaver certification
Why this position -- What can it do for you!
- Located in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, Michigan with easy access to US-23, M-14, and I-94.
- Full benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 18 different states!
- Free close proximity parking!
For more information regarding career opportunities with Saint Joseph Mercy Health System please visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers.
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Job Number: 00195940
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Night Shift