Trinity Health NICU - Nurse Coordinator in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Requires NICU RN Expereince
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers. SJMHS is part of Trinity Health a national Catholic health system with an enduring legacy and a steadfast mission to be a transforming and healing presence within the communities we serve.
As a mission-driven innovative health organization, we will become the national leader in improving the health of our communities and each person we serve. We will be the most trusted health partner for life. Our Core Values, Reverence, Commitment to the Poor, Justice, Stewardship, and Integrity guide our behaviors to help us achieve our Vision.
The Nurse Coordinator assumes delegated accountability from the Nurse Manager for operations, scheduling and staffing for a specified period of time. The Nurse Coordinator demonstrates expert proficiency in working with complex patients according to the unit's scope of practice, and serves as a unit resource and leader. He/she serves as a role model for expert, contemporary; evidence based nursing practice, promoting ANA standards of care, Just Culture and Relationship Based Care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads, facilitates and addresses day-to-day operational issues:
- Communication between nursing and other departments.
- Maintains ongoing dialogue with the Nurse Manager regarding unit operations
- Point person for information and problem solving for unit, medical, interdisciplinary staff and volunteers.
- Rounds daily to assess patient experience and quality of care
- Actively participates in or leads daily huddles
Demonstrates knowledge about unit budget and volume adjusted staffing model and actively supports with appropriate decisions:
- Anticipates, coordinates and implements staffing plan in collaboration with Nurse Manager and Staffing Office
- Delegates care and assures that patients have adequate caregiver coverage at all times
- Evaluates retrospective, current and prospective unit productivity and adjusts to reach targeted levels
- Coordinates patient admissions, discharges and transfers to achieve most appropriate bed utilization in collaboration with Patient Resource Managers/House Supervisors
- Supports and identifies resource management efforts for the unit and division
- Coordinates response to urgent/emergent situations as evidenced by reallocation of personnel and resources
- Participates in patient care activities as determined by unit needs and demonstrates RN competencies.
Promotes environment that supports remarkable patient care experience:
- Role models clinical excellence
- Anticipates and addresses patient/family/visitor concerns in collaboration with caregiver and nurse manager.
- Supports and role models purposeful hourly rounding
Implements appropriate service recovery strategies. Actively leads staff in implementing new initiatives. Leads and supports unit and organizational based change. Role models early adoption of change.
Coaches, mentors and supports unit colleagues to be effective patient advocates. Supports staff in using crucial conversation skills to interact directly with other disciplines.
Collaborates with unit leadership to create a culture of safety within work group that invites open and honest sharing of ideas and feedback.
Collaborates with unit leadership to achieve unit and organizational quality improvement and outcome based initiatives.
In collaboration with Nurse Manager holds staff accountable for compliance with SJM Hospitals Clinical Standards of care and policies and procedures.
Collaborates with education coordinator to facilitate the professional growth/learning needs of staff.
Provides leadership for interdisciplinary rounds that promotes collaboration and coordination of patient care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs of the patient.
Promotes the standards of care and service excellence according to SJMHS philosophy and goals and/or unit guidelines.
Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by Nurse Manager
Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in resolution.
Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Hospitals. Follows all HIPAA policies and procedures.
Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Mercy Health System. Adheres to ST. JOSEPH MERCY HOSPITALS “Performance Standards: Focus on Others”.
Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
*Education: *Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
*Experience: *Minimum of three years staff experience.
Required: One year related practice experience in clinical area.
*Licensure: *Current Michigan RN License
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use desktop computer skills such as word-processing, spreadsheet and e-mail.
- Demonstrates awareness of resources for problem solving.
- Shows evidence of successful leadership experiences (i.e. Shift Coordinator, committee participation, team leading, etc.)
- Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible in an environment subject to change.
- Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies.
- Communicates effectively to all internal and external contacts
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practice and age specific needs as demonstrated by successful completion of introductory orientation behaviors for Registered Nurse.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic relationships with patients and families.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to perform principal duties and responsibilities of job description.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when planning and performing professional nursing care.
- Ability to walk and stand continuously at least 90% of the time.
- Ability to move, lift and position patients
Directly responsible to the Nurse Manager. Functional supervision over unit staff. Collaborative relationship with other employees.
Job Number: 00082861
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Full time