Trinity Health Cashier in Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Cashier under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, operates a computerized cash register to record Department items sold. Reconciles cash and register documentation at the end of the day. Performs other Department duties as assigned. Demonstrates excellent customer services skills.
*PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Greets customers, patients and Health System employees with courtesy. Demonstrates excellent customer services skills to provide a remarkable customer experience.
- Organizes the cashier area to receive customers by procuring currency bags and filling cash register and credit card machines with tape and ink as needed.
- Accurately operates a computerized cash register to compute charges and assigns appropriate cost exceptions (e.g., employee/customer discount). Identifies items and matches to the appropriate department key. Receives cash, checks, credit cards, etc. and processes as appropriate.
- Assumes accountability for cash, etc. at the end of each shift by verifying register tapes, posting necessary adjustments. Assists with balancing cash drawers. Complies with Health System and Department policies, procedures, practices and regulations when handling currency, checks, charges, etc.
- Ensures cash drawer has the appropriate level of cash available and obtains additional change as necessary.
- Maintains food product inventory including ordering from approved vendors, monitoring inventory levels to maximize turnover and minimize spoilage and waste. Maintains adequate inventory controls in the sales area.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Trains new staff to perform cashier responsibilities.
- Participates in the annual inventory process and other inventories as needed.
- Appropriately utilizes downtime to assist Department operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in their resolution.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, associates, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of SJMH.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Three to six months on the job training or previous experience.
Job Number: 00107037
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Facility: SJSEMI - SJMHS Hospital Ann Arbor
Employment Type: Part time