Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Computational Sciences Aide II (666382) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Ball Aerospace's Albuquerque office, located near Kirtland Air Force Base NM, is a key provider of technical services to the Air Force Research Laboratory Directed Energy and Space Vehicles directorates. Our multi-discipline staff provides a broad range of scientific and engineering services, including technology development, laboratory and field experiments, technology assessments, modeling & simulation, and analyses. We are seeking additional qualified researchers and engineers to join our science and technology oriented organization.
Computational Sciences Aide II
What you’ll do:
Under the supervision of an engineering manager or designated engineer, provides technical and administrative support to include the following:
- Perform a variety of technical assignments requiring a knowledge of engineering, science, or other technical applications.
- May assist and support engineering, production, etc., in the development, testing, and assembly of a wide variety of company products.
- Perform specialized functions of a technical nature requiring the applications of both technical theory and practical knowledge.
- Gather, maintain, format, compile, manipulate technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produce technical documentation, reports, drawings (flow charts, block diagrams, and schematics).
- Perform detailed mathematical calculations using established formulas; preliminary analyses of data where guidelines are provided; and quantitative judgments concerning technical data.
- Use computer in performance of analyses and development of documentation/reports.
- May conduct tests and record data to assist with technical evaluation or analysis.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills.
- Good understanding of high-level programming languages such as MatLab and Python.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Title: Computational Sciences Aide II (666382)
Job ID: 666382
Location: NM - Albuquerque
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace
- Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Jobs