Trinity Health RN Hospice - On Call-Capital Region in Albany, New York
The Community Hospice has a part-time rewarding opportunity for an On Call Hospice Visit RN to work with families after hours during the end of life stages and help make the patients and family feel at ease during this challenging period. All calls are triaged by the Hospice Triage RNs who are specially trained to assist patients/families via phone and assess the need for in-home visits. The Community Hospice team is a very close and supportive team. The team is willing to help jump in and aide as needed to insure patients are getting the best care possible and a supervisor is always readily available to help assist.
The selected candidate will provide a range of services, which will include providing information to prospective patients to on-call support needs in the community. The on call nurse will never be bored as they will help those in need with medication, supply deliveries or more urgent matters like a patient in need of getting their end of life symptoms managed. Finally, they will demonstrate SPHP'sStandards of Behavior and Core Values.
The work schedule for this position is 24 hours per week, three 8-hour shifts from 12 midnight to 8am.
- Valid NYS RN license
- Associate’s degree in nursing
- Valid driver license and reliable vehicle
- 2 years + experience as a RN in an acute care environment
- Ability to learn/use an electronic medical record
- 1+ year of experience as a RN in home care
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Strong understanding of Hospice principals
- Maintain the highest level of customer service while completing day to day duties and responsibilities
- Strong ability to assess priorities
- Highest level of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships with patients, families, physicians and coworkers
- Excellent communication in a fast pace work environment through and interdepartmental team
- Strong engagement to promote a strong team culture
- Ability to work independently at times with little direct supervisor support
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
With more than 12,500 employees and more than 165 locations in the capital district, St. Peter's Health Partners forms the most comprehensive network of health care and community services in the region. We are also part of Trinity Health, the second – largest not-for-profit health system in the United States, serving people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast.
Job Number: 00124386
Location: Albany, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - Hospice Albany
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Night Shift