Trinity Health Medical Assistant - Vascular Group - Troy, NY in Albany, New York
Provides medical assistance taking into account patients' special physical or age related needs. Is accountable to patient, family, peers and supervisor for the totality of work performed in order that the organization can fulfill its mission of providing quality primary health care within the community.
performed in order that the organization can fulfill its mission of providing quality primary health care within the community.
The Medical Assistant will work with patients and other medical providers to obtain and record current medication lists and past medical and surgical history. The Medical Assistant obtains and records patient specific matters to include: nutrition, diet, exercise, concurrent medication use, safety/injury prevention, tobacco, alcohol and drug use.
- Obtains and records present complaint.
- Obtains and records history of present illness.
- Obtains and records pertinent past medical and surgical history (interval history).
- Considers age appropriate needs of patient to include issues of growth and development, nutrition, diet and exercise, dental health, anticipatory guidance/education, sexuality/sexual practices, safety/injury prevention, tobacco, alcohol and drug use.
- Considers patient and family social, cultural values and economic resources to include relationships, social activities, home environment, signs of abuse/neglect and activities in daily living.
- Reports observed physical and emotional reactions to medications and treatments.
- Obtains and records all necessary objective data; i.e., vital signs, HT, WT, HC, BP, growth and development, and immunization status, functional status.
- Reviews chart to determine if health status and screenings are current and meet the age appropriate requirements as set forth by the New York State Department of Health.
A qualified candidate should have the following:
Graduated from a Medical Assistant training program (proof required)or
2 or more years of work experience in a healthcare clinical capacity ie CNA.
Certification as Medical Assistant is preferred If no certification, you will be required to sit for a review class and certification exam within 90 days of employment.
High School diploma / GED required
Job Number: 00109454
Location: Albany, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - 2 Palisades Dr Albany
Employment Type: Full time