Trinity Health Hospice RN - Intake Office in Albany, New York
With more than 12,500 employees and more than 165 locations in the capital district, St. Peter's Health Partners forms the most comprehensive network of health care and community services in the region. We are also part of Trinity Health, the second – largest not-for-profit health system in the United States, serving people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast.
The Community Hospice has a rewarding opportunity for a RN to work as a part of our Hospice Intake Office Team located at 445 New Karner Road, Colonie, NY.
As a member of our caring, compassionate health care professionals, you'll enjoy outstanding benefits such as pay rates based upon experience and flexibility with scheduling Monday through Friday! There are also great shift differentials, tuition assistance, great co-workers, and a warm, welcoming work environment.
Receives referrals from a wide range of sources: physician offices, hospitals, nursing homes, as well as direct calls from patients and families. Evaluates patients for eligibility and interest in hospice services, describes the support and care available from along with the benefits of hospice care. Coordinates with the patient’s community physician and our hospice medical directors to confirm eligibility for hospice services. Gathers information and ensures a smooth handoff to the hospice RN admitting the patient/family to services. Strives to streamline the referral process and facilitate a timely start of care.
The Community Hospice provides a thorough orientation and a supportive work environment! Apply today for more information!
- Valid NYS RN license
- Associates degree in nursing
- 2 years + experience as a RN in an acute care environment
- Valid driver license and reliable vehicle
- Demonstrated experience working with computers
- 1+ year of experience with case management, marketing and case finding, public relations
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Strong computer skills utilizing multiple computer applications
- Maintain the highest level of customer service while completing day to day duties and responsibilities
- Highest level of interpersonal skills to establish and maintain relationships with patients, families, physicians and coworkers
- Excellent communication in a fast pace work environment through and interdepartmental team
- Strong engagement to promote a strong team culture
- Passion to learn, grow and develop in the nursing field
Job Number: 00120462
Location: Albany, NY
Organization Name: St. Peter's Health Partners
Facility: SPNY - Hospice Albany
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift