Trinity Health Clinical Engineering (THCE) Supervisor in Albany, New York
The Clinical Engineering (THCE) Supervisor is responsible for supporting the THCE Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Unified Enterprise Ministry’s (UEM) Clinical Engineering (CE) program at a Ministry Organization (MO) Hospital(s) and associated freestanding clinics.
Responsible for supporting the THCE Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Unified Enterprise Ministry’s (UEM) Clinical Engineering (CE) program at a Ministry Organization (MO) Hospital(s) and associated freestanding clinics. Ensures that all aspects of THCE program are adhered to at assigned MO. Assists in managing program budgets in collaboration with the THCE Manager. Supports the THCE Manager to ensure cost reduction targets and productivity improvement objectives are met, while cultivating service quality and customer satisfaction by effectively supervising THCE Technical Staff through serving in a supporting role to the THCE Manager. Ensures the THCE Manager is kept abreast of issues or problems impacting the THCE Team issues at the MO.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in leadership behaviors, practices, supports and endorses senior leadership decisions, goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Maintains a working knowledge of and complies with applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, company policies and code of ethics, as well as other applicable regulatory and industry standards agencies.
- Oversees the day-to-day supervision of the MO’s clinical engineering technical staff (technicians, lead technicians, and operations support coordinators) and under direction of the THCE Manager, will provide consultative, operational, and technical support to MO technicians, and MO leadership in support of medical equipment inspections and repairs, capital planning, safety, hazard alerts/recalls, and asset management, ensures objectives stay on course and helps drive initiatives with MO teams that contribute to Trinity UEM and THCE program short and long-term operational excellence.
- Participates in monthly budget reviews with the THCE Manager to identify, explain, and help prevent future occurrences (where possible) of budget variances. Collaborates with THCE leadership, THCE Technical Staff, and MO leadership in determining potential cost reduction opportunities, evaluating best maintenance strategy options (e.g., risk pool utilization, outside service support options, training of in-house CE staff, etc.); reviews key strategies with the THCE Manager to determine impact on the overall CE program operations and objectives. Assists THCE Manager with preparing Return-On-Investment (ROI) analysis, ensures projected targets are achieved and reviews results with THCE Manager.
- Keeps THCE Manager informed in a timely manner of issues affecting equipment availability, planned maintenance completion rates, program costs, effectiveness, and efficiencies, as well as issues noted during rounding. Presents findings and recommendations to the THCE Manager to be used in strategic planning and other key decisions. Obtains final approval from THCE Manager prior to implementing program changes to the MO.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements best practices and operational solutions to improve THCE service delivery at the MO. May review vendor service agreements under direction of the THCE Manager to ascertain service value, necessity, accuracy of terms and conditions, and future service strategy. Takes necessary steps to minimize reliance on outside vendor service support.
- Conducts rounds with THCE associates and select clinical department leadership, to discuss and assess the clinical engineering program service delivery and to address issues/concerns. Outlines and follows up on necessary corrective measures with the THCE Manager. Assists in resolution of vendor-related problems and provides updates to THCE Manager
- Meets with direct reports and support staff, as required, to review open issues, and to encourage open dialogue for suggested process improvements. Interviews, trains, counsels, and supervises technical and support staff under direction of the THCE Manager. Holds direct reports accountable to Trinity Health and THCE policies and procedures. Issues are reported to the THCE Manager for status/progress.
- Reviews Customer Satisfaction Survey scores for discrepancies and overall customer satisfaction. Assists THCE Manager with preparing Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) where necessary to resolve customer satisfaction issues and address Program Quality Evaluation (PQE) deficiencies.
- Addresses associate problems and issues related to their work or environment. Communicates issues to the THCE Manager.
- Under direction of the THCE Manager may establish and monitor progress on assigned objectives and takes the necessary actions to assist in resolving and preventing the reoccurrence of issues. Provides the necessary feedback cases where disciplinary action or termination is warranted with THCE staff.
- Measures successes and deficiencies and recommends any corrective course of action and monitors implementation and compliance assessment.
- Approves purchases within established scope and authority.
- May handle additional duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- A comprehensive knowledge of clinical engineering principles and practices, as normally obtained through an Associate degree in Biomedical or other related field plus five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a hospital service support position or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in medical equipment service management, project management, and implementing best practices in a service support group, leading cross-functional work teams, with demonstrated results in reducing medical equipment repair and service costs.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse, collaborative, and team oriented culture.
- Ability to develop methodologies for collecting and analyzing relevant data; to audit CE program processes; monitor quality; identify, problems and their root causes, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, organizational, planning, delegation, coaching, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal), and computer (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills with a continuous improvement mindset.
- A personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
- Ability to be a self-starter and independent worker able to manage multiple conflicting priorities and demands.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively and provide regular follow up to ensure objectives is met.
*PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS*
- Ability to establish and organize own work priorities and adapt to changes as needed.
- Must be able to travel to other Trinity-Health locations
Job Number: 00097567
Location: Albany, NY
Organization Name: Trinity Health
Facility: SPNY - St. Peter's Hospital
Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift